Proxy Voting and Corporate Actions Officer (m/f)
- Depending on the profile
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Temporary, Full time
- Allianz Global Investors GmbH, French Branch
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
We are looking for a Proxy Voting and Corporate Actions Officer for our Proxy Voting and Corporate Actions team based in Paris (fixed-term contract, 18 months).
As a member of the Proxy Voting and Corporate Actions team, you will be responsible for:
• Day-to-day monitoring of Corporate Actions events for European funds of Allianz Global Investors
• Daily monitoring of the proxy voting operations activities for the AllianzGI European locations to ensure proxy voting is carried out timely and accurately into the ISS (Institutional Shareholder Services) market proxy voting tool, and filing of paper proxy cards when required
• Reviewing and improving Corporate Actions processes for European locations in collaboration with providers, custodians, and internal stakeholders
• Providing assistance and guidance to the ESG Analysts or ESG Portfolio Managers on requests related to proxy voting operational processes.
• Handling account opening, closing or transfer (including the preparation of relevant documents) with custodians and ISS. Coordinating and supporting new portfolios setup in ISS (market tool managing proxy voting)
• Handling the setup of new Power of attorney for the funds or any specific market requirements (share blocking, paper ballots faxed to the custodian, client specific voting policies, registered shares for some markets)
• Providing support for all reporting requirements from internal or external clients into the ISS ProxyExchange platform
• Liaising with custodians and service providers to enable smooth operations setup and meet the reporting requirement.
• Keeping abreast of the latest development of the proxy voting market and coordinating relevant changes related to investment operations.
• Reviewing procedures and recommending initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of proxy voting activities across Europe
Qualifications and Experience
• Over 3 years of experience in the asset management industry/corporate governance field or corporate actions management
• A former proxy voting/corporate governance/corporate actions experience preferred
• University degree in Business, Finance, or a related field with a focus on investments or corporate finance
• In-depth knowledge and good understanding of corporate governance market practices is a real plus
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a consultative approach to problem-solving
Knowledge & Skills
• Advanced computer literacy in MS Office Pack (Excel, Power Point), Bloomberg knowledge and ISS ProxyExchange experience is a real plus
• VBA proficiency preferred
• Good business sense and market feel
• High degree of energy, motivation and ambition
• A collaborative team player with excellent relationships to colleagues and clients
• Be very adaptable to changing client requirements and a changing market environment or internal changes environment
• Excellent written and spoken French and English. Daily tasks mainly provided in English. German is a plus