Symbiotics is the leading market access platform for impact investing, dedicated to private markets in emerging and frontier economies. The group offers investment, asset management and capacity building services. Symbiotics Asset Management has USD 2.9 billion in assets under management spread across 25 different funds and mandates. We are regulated by FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority and our daughter company Symbiotics (UK) Ltd has an investment firm license from the FCA in the UK.
We are a fast-growing, market-leading company, offering a dynamic work environment in the growing impact investment space. Our people are our biggest competitive advantage.
Symbiotics France SA (the employer), subsidiary of Symbiotics Asset Management, was set up in 2019 and holds an Alternative Investment Fund Manager (AIFM) license from l’Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) in France. It is developing at a rapid pace and has currently a team of 7 impact investment and asset management professionals.
We believe that in order to recruit the best professionals all applications must be reviewed equally. For this reason, we will not require personal data such as photos, date of birth or gender to be included on CV applications.
Who we are looking for
You are a Product Manager who will support the Managing Director of Symbiotics France by actively leading and coordinating all alternative investment funds’ related matters. The Product Manager supports the management/administration function of Symbiotics SICAVs structures in Luxemburg and maintains the relationship with third party service providers. The Product Manager also oversees all regulatory fund reporting.
The position is based in our Paris office with reporting line to the Managing Director of Symbiotics France and the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer of the headquarter.
About the Job
- Relationship with the central administrator of the SICAVs
- Fund registration and maintenance of existing sub-funds
- Set-up and follow-up on tax reporting requirements
- Perform reporting duties within the scope of AIFMD/NPPR/FATCA/MIFID II/Solvency II in coordination with external parties in a timely fashion. Ensure publication on data provider’s platforms
- Check fund invoices, submit for approval, communicate split by sub-fund
- Monitoring and Reporting of TER
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of Fund Governance Documentation
- Coordination with auditors for the SICAVs
- Coordinate with auditors and Portfolio Managers the preparation of the SICAVs’ annual financial statements and reports
- Organize the meetings of the Board of Directors of the SICAVs
- Organize the monthly meetings of the Valuation Committees, prepare materials, take minutes and communicate decisions taken.
- We are looking for an autonomous person who is able to work in a dynamic environment.
- More specifically, with the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Finance and/or experience in asset management and particularly investment funds
- At least 5 to 10 years’ experience in funds operations or product management in the financial sector
- Strong knowledge of strategic reviews / audits / governance procedures
- Highly motivated, well-organized with a great work ethic and a high degree of integrity
- Ability to work independently
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Rigorous analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Comfortable to work in an international and multi-cultural workplace
- Take pride in providing a great client experience
- Interest in impact finance and/or sustainable development
- Able to work comfortably in both English and French.
What makes us different?
- The chance to contribute to improving the lives of people in emerging and frontier countries, to work towards supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- A flexible work environment with colleagues from 41 countries
- The opportunity to become part of a growing business that pushes you to excel every day while having a positive impact on others