About this role
With our eFront Invest suite of products, we enable our clients to streamline investment and portfolio administration processes. We are now looking for an exceptional candidate to accelerate our business. You will build on our current success and craft the direction for this product alongside our clients and internal stakeholders.
Your hands-on experience in Fund Accounting, track record in driving long term innovation, and sustainable client engagement and support will be needed for success in this role.
Although this role has no direct reports, you would be working alongside a team of Product Managers, and it will be encouraged to co-ordinate and manage dependencies between Products. You would also be working with a Delivery Team that are responsible for the engineering, delivery and technical support for your product. You should have experience influencing and motivating teams without direct control.
Your day would include:
- Working with other product managers to define the product strategy and vision. Clearly articulate the business value to the delivery teams so they understand the intent behind the new product or product release. This implies a solid understanding of the needs of Private Market investments industry, especially when it comes to Fund accounting, Investor Management, Investment Management, fees and waterfall calculation .
- Responsibility for making product decisions and acting as the lead resource for the rest of the organization when product expertise is required. This includes supporting the wider BlackRock organization (including Marketing, Sales, Professional Services and Customer Support) that help bring the product to market and working directly with clients.
- Helping define the strategy behind the product along with its roadmap and work with other product managers and engineering to build what matters and delivers value to clients.
- Planning for what engineering teams will deliver and when they will deliver it.
- You would participate to the release aspect of product including release plans, managing features and user stories, dependencies in and across releases; and managing releases with phases and achievements.
- Drive the process of generating, developing, and prioritizing new ideas. Ensuring that suitable ideas achieve the key objectives for the product line and BlackRock.
- Ensuring that key feedback and requests are integrated into their product planning and development processes.
- Defining the features and requirements necessary to deliver a complete product to market and lead the product team to success. You will be responsible for articulating the 'what' and working with engineering to figure out the 'when.'
If you see yourself doing these activities, then you probably have:
- Master's in Business Administration (or similar) with a focus on Finance and Technology
- Minimum of 2 years working in Private Market sector with a focus on software, most recently as a Product Manager or Consultant/Business analyst.
- Hands on experience with operational aspects of Fund accounting/Back Office.
- Proven track record of creating, growing and running a product line to market success.
- Created customer value adding partnerships with clients and vendors.
- Understanding of data handling, processing and analytics technologies and technique
- Commercial acumen, with ability to prioritize and execute quickly
- Strong team player with ability to lead and influence
- Ability to communicate across all levels in the organization (up to Main Board)
- Comfortable presenting to large specialist audiences.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.