You will perform tasks relating to guarantees ensuring that the related financial and operational risks are mitigated. Be responsible for complying with the International Chamber of Commerce rules and to Bank’s policies and procedures. In addition be responsible for processing Import and Export Letters
- Provide adequate and efficient transactions in relating to the Guarantees to internal customers and thereby help them serve external customers in a more efficient manner, resulting in increased external customer satisfaction levels.
- Process and handle domestic and international bank guarantees with strict compliance to Bank’s policies and procedures and International Chamber of Commerce rules.
- Process transactions for issuing of guarantees, amendment, cancellation, lodgement of claims and payment within the limit as per credit policy.
- Handle Swifts/ Telexes of transactions relating to bank guarantees.
- Prepare periodical reports of issued and outstanding guarantees on behalf of customers, and Banks and report them to the Head of Guarantees & Bills for Collection.
- Accurately process ordinary transactions relating to advising, amendment and cancellation of Import and Export Letters of Credit and ensure work accomplishment in strict compliance with International Chamber of Commerce Rules and Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Input transactions for advising, confirmation, amendment and cancellation of Import and Export Letters of Credit on a timely basis.
- Settle value of documents, sight, in same value dates ensuring full funding coverage with FX, Treasury and Credit Department to avoid loss due to delay of payment interest.
- Communicate with Banks by Swifts/ Telexes for transactions relating to Import and Export Letters of Credit. Receive/ Release negotiated documents from/ to correspondent Banks.
- Keep abreast of changes in International Chamber of Commerce/ relevant URDG and UCP rules and local/ international laws and regulations affecting foreign trade operations relating to guarantees and pertaining to Import and Export Letters of credit.
- Bachelor Degree.
- 5 years of experience in Foreign Trade Operations relating to guarantees, Import and Export Letters of credit.
- Thorough understanding of letters of credit concepts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French
- Familiar with the balanced scorecard approach.