Middle Office Securities Lending & Trade Validation Officer
Joining Candriam Investors Group (“Candriam”) -a leading pan-European multi-specialist asset manager with a 20-year track record and a team of 500 experienced professionals. Managing about €108 bln AUM on June 2017, its investment solutions cover five key areas: fixed income, equities, alternatives, sustainable investments and advanced asset allocation. Candriam Investors Group is a New York Life Company.
To enhance the growth of our business activity, we are seeking a Middle Office Securities Lending & Trade Validation Officer.
FIELD OF ACTIVITY
Middle Office Belgium comprises 2 entities and 20 or so staff, who handle mutual funds and dedicated funds as well as institutional and private insurance mandates. The team processes operations (of the matching & settlement type) while monitoring cash and securities transactions (reconciliation / corporate actions & incomes, ...), implementing mandate- and fund-related administrative and operational flows, and generating NAVs for clients.
Good company management is highly dependent on MO operations, whose impact is felt both externally and internally.
Within this framework, Middle Office participates in various transversal projects, its brief, in particular, being to initiate and follow up project planning, implement new flows (new financial instruments and counterparties, …) and improve the automation process (Straight Through Processing) on an ongoing basis.
• Match the transactions executed by Candriam’s fund managers with the confirmations of execution received from the counterparties, transmit them, for clearing & settlement, to the custodians and/or fund administrators for inclusion in the NAVs, and follow up outstandings;
• Proactively follow up the settlement of market transactions involving custodians and counterparties;
• Monitor daily the Securities Lending process as it applies to internal (Securities Lending Desk) and external counterparties (trade matching , monitoring of revenues, monitoring of short positions, …..);
• Monitor daily the collateralisation of securities lending transactions (calculating and validating exposure with the counterparties and transmissions to the third-party collateral manager) ;
• Draft procedures and keep them up to date;
• Control the quality of stakeholders’ transaction-related activities.
The ideal candidate:
• has a Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in a finance- or economics-related discipline, or equivalent experience;
• has – although this would be a plus – Middle Office experience in an asset-management environment;
• is familiar with the Front-to-Back flows governing the different kinds of financial instrument;
• can use Omgeo (CTM / Alert) tools; even better if they have also used SWIFT;
• is analytically minded, a team player, meticulous, knows their own mind, is a self-starter, good at taking the initiative, is results-driven and forever intent on enhancing the processes;
• takes pressure in their stride;
• has very good English, French and Dutch.
CANDRIAM INVESTORS GROUP OFFERS
A varied full-time position in the dynamic, international environment of asset management.
At Candriam Investors Group, our values of Conviction and Responsibility guide us in everything we do. These same values allow us to focus on the growth and development of our people. We also offer an attractive remuneration package, including benefits.