M&A Associate and VP - PARIS (Global institution)
Location: Paris, Ile-de-France, France
A leading global platform is expanding their Paris based M&A team and keen to speak to French speakers at the Associate and VP level (you may be in London, another finance centre or France).
-This division combines Corporate Finance bankers with Mergers & Acquisitions execution teams and creates a single group that provides strategic advice to clients across sectors and regions.
-This institution operates on a truly global basis and in this capacity you will work on M&A transactions (origination and execution) across all sectors (in collaboration with sector teams).
- Support coverage/sector teams on M&A execution
- Oversee Financial Analysis
- Oversee preparation of client materials
- Transaction Execution - Interacting with clients and various levels of management, and acting as an integral part of the engagement team
- Keeping fully up to date with the markets and the sector developments, understanding regulatory frameworks in relevant jurisdictions to support developing advice, valuation and financing structures
What they are looking for
- Generalist team so not expecting sector experts. Totally open to applications from candidates from sector team backgrounds but will need to have a strong rationale for such a switch
- Done a structured investment banking graduate training program (on the desk training is not enough)
- Technically strong
- Deal experience from pitch to close. Someone who knows what to expect in an M&A process
- Experienced in working with and providing guidance and supervision to Analysts
- Softer skills: Good communications, collaborative, personable, enthusiastic. Cultural fit is important