- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Full time
HR Specialist, Paris
HR Specialist, ParisReporting to the Business Manger, France, the Human Resources Specialist will have responsibility for HR operational and client activities in the country. The HR specialist will work closely and collaboratively with colleagues in other functions and with the HR teams in London to support the sustainable growth of business and ensure that proactive, timely and effective HR support is in place to partner efficiently with the business to achieve this end and manage people risk appropriately.
The Human Resources Specialist will proactively support the operation of the business by providing an effective and professional HR service covering the full generalist remit within the country. The role is Advisory and coaching-focused, and will involve a close working relationship with the client base.
Strong relationship building and influencing skills with a global outlook and the ability to operate in a complex international environment are pre-requisites for the role. The role will require the individual to work, with the Head of HR Solutions, Head of Europe, Head of Compensation and Head of Talent and the Functional HR Business Partners.
The HR Specialist helps to provide a key HR service to the business as a whole ensuring that high standards are adopted within all elements of HR.
This position requires a highly competent HR professional preferably experience gained in a financial services firm.
The ability to balance increasing demands with the need to facilitate management's ambitious growth and change objectives in a meaningful way and act as a genuine business partner is very important. The Human Resources Specialist, should therefore not only be a first rate HR Generalist but also possess the commercial acumen, appetite and personality to become proactively and collaboratively involved in a wide range of corporate related issues.
• Reports to Business Manager France & Head of HR Solutions
• Direct reports N/A
• Other key relationships Head of Europe,Head of Compensation & Benefits,
• Head of Talent, Functional HRBP's
• Functional Heads in France
Client Relationship Management
• Develops strong relationships across the client base and is able to interact at all levels within the organisation;
• Works in partnership with line managers on performance management, employee relations, resourcing and employee management/development;
• Manages relationships, promptly responds to queries and manages expectations;
• Helps to drive organisational performance by understanding core business objectives and providing proactive HR support;
• Leads organisation design changes, and has the ability to articulate the value, steps, risks and expected results of the changes, and;
• Participates in acquisitions, divestitures, joint venture and TUPE initiatives. Ability to Defines HR action plans based on business requirements.
Resourcing & Development
• Works with the business to identify hiring needs and implement hiring plans to time, quality and cost standards;
• Develops strong relationships with the resourcing team and compensation specialists in order to deliver a joined up service to the business;
• Supports and develops recruitment campaigns;
• Supports business management development programs
• Input into the talent and succession planning process, and;
• Coaches employees and line managers in best practice when setting objectives and conducting appraisals including the creation of personal development plans.
• Coaches line managers, driving through change and effective delivery of the people agenda;
• Provides HR support for business changes e.g. restructuring activity, cost reduction, redundancy and redeployment processes and organisational design change;
• Manages grievance, disciplinary and capability investigations and hearings, understanding the associated risks and providing credible options for resolution of disputes, taking the company's risk profile into account;
• Performs work independently providing credible options to Line Mangers and Employees;
• Works closely with HR colleagues across the business to monitor, review and update all policies and procedures in line with current legislation and best practice;
• Ensures Human Resources matters are handled fairly and consistently within scope of established legislation, guidelines and practices;