Global Subsidiary Group, Intern Analyst, Paris (Europe, Middle East and Africa) July - December 2021
Citi's Corporate Banking teams service the needs of the world's largest corporations, financial institutions and governments. Corporate bankers build close relationships with their clients in order to develop a comprehensive understanding of the complex financial issues they face. As a result they can deliver a full array of tailored solutions, from capital markets, loans and derivatives to cash management, foreign exchange and trade finance. We solve clients' domestic and cross-border needs using our global network to deliver solutions right down to local levels. Success Profile
Corporate bankers routinely work with clients on confidential and complex financial matters. Therefore, attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, problem solving skills, confidence, interpersonal skills and the ability to build credibility from the outside are all crucial attributes. If you have a natural business curiosity, are proactive in completing your work and can communicate with confidence, you may have all the foundations for becoming an excellent corporate banker. Excel and PowerPoint familiarity are also highly desirable and will aid you in your role. Collaborative Proactive Problem Solver Relationship Expertise Quick Thinking Leadership Glassdoor Reviews
"Excellent technologists. Great vision of bringing the financial services industry into the 2020. Great place to work for work-life balance." Senior Applications Development Manager, New York, NY
"Great Intern experience, great pay and solid opportunity to end up being a full time after the end of the internship program." Summer Technology Analyst
"I had a great learning experience, good work environment and excellent coworkers. Had the opportunity to escalate my way to the highest position available in my area within 3 years." AVP Operations & Technology, San Juan PR
"Excellent technologists. Great vision of bringing the financial services industry into the 2020. Great place to work for work life balance" Senior Applications Development Manager, New York NY
"Globally diverse and technologically progressive" Director of Software Development, Warren NJ Responsibilities You're the brains behind our work.
Whether it is honing your skills or building your network, we know that success cannot come without experiences. Our internship program equips you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team. You will have the opportunity to complete your knowledge from the classroom with the experience that a top-tier global bank can provide. Present in more than 160 countries, you will work in a dynamic environment, and be in constant contact with our international teams.
Citi's institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Intern Analysts to join the Global Subsidiaries Group team (CIB) in Paris, France in July 2021.
The internship will start on 1 July 2021 and end on XX December 2021 Your time here will look something like this...
• Portfolio management :
- Conduct financial and transactional analysis of a diversified portfolio of corporate clients;
- Complete strategic research on the clients' portfolio (briefing memos);
- Assist in the prospection through analysis of new deal opportunities (M&A operations, structural changes) and liaise with product partners for their implementation.
• Clients' relationship management :
- Participate in clients meetings and various corporate events (AFTE, Universwiftnet);
- Assist in the coverage of clients' needs and the implementation of banking solutions;
- Review and develop the presentations and pitches for clients.
• Transversal projects :
- Identify, review and propose new cross-selling opportunities and financing solutions;
- Optimize the team's internal process and efficiency.
- Conduct a monthly analysis report about the economic news and tendencies affecting our business We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
Within the Citi Corporate and Investment Banking division, GSG is the front office department responsible for banking relationships with the French subsidiaries of different multinationals related to various sectors (TechnipFMC, Schlumberger, Chanel, Mylan, Huawei, Kia Motors, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Xiaomi...). Our business line is relationship-focused. We work to understand the financial issues facing our clients and to propose a wide range of liquidity and investment solutions in order to grow their business. The position involves product solutions and financial activities (Corporate Banking), Markets (FX, Hedging), and Trade and Treasury Solutions. We want to hear from you if...
• You are fluent in French and English both written and oral;
• You are from a Top tier school and strong academic background in Corporate Finance;
• You are currently enrolled in a University that can provide an internship agreement
• You work with rigor, autonomy and motivation;
• You have a strong desire to learn and work within international environment;
• You have advanced skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Who we think will be a great fit...
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We'll also be looking for the following:
• Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn and success in team environments
• Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape is a plus, but not required
• Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
• Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
• Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical and decision-making
• Interest in business
We recruit for 6-month internships from July to December and January to June. We therefore encourage early applications.
Before you apply have you visited our 'Career Inspiration Page'? Head over to learn more about life at Citi, ask a question or get handy tips from the previous Q&A
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer