Finance Executive, Paris
Join our Financial Management Group as a Finance Executive in our Paris office. You will be part of a team that owns and manages the financial affairs of Macquarie Capital's legal entities in the European Union. This includes a regulated investment firm in France and its branches in Germany, Netherlands, Spain and Italy. You must be fluent in both French and English, to business-level. Any other language (e.g. Spanish, Italian or German) would be beneficial.
You will be involved in all elements of Finance (financial planning; financial control, financial statements) and Treasury (regulatory reporting) deliverables. You will also provide support to the Macquarie Capital business by delivering management reporting, contributing to the budget and forecast exercises but also by supporting operationally the business on a daily basis. In each of these 3 components, you will be supported by wider Financial Management Group resources in the EU, the UK, the US and India, or 3 rd party service providers (where required).
You will report through to the Finance Head based in Paris, and be a member of a team of 3 and your key responsibilities will include:
- financial control, planning and analysis tasks & legal entity control
- financial planning and analysis: Macquarie Capital results preparation, analysis, and management reporting, including analysis of Macquarie Capital P&L results during and following month end close, and the preparation of monthly management packs provided to senior management
- detailed expense analysis and reporting
- preparation of the Macquarie Capital forecasting deliverables across P&L, funding and capital, including modelling forecast outcomes and sensitivities, liaising with Central support teams, deal teams and Finance globally, and presenting to senior management
- close interaction with Macquarie Capital deal and operations teams, as well as other support functions
- contribution to regulatory reporting to the French regulator (and other EU regulators)
- contribution to the documentation of the finance processes (e.g. Drafting policies and procedures)
- operational support (e.g. invoices processing).
To be successful, you will have the confidence, drive, and problem-solving skills to innovate and deliver great outcomes.
You will also have:
- a tertiary qualification, preferably in a business/finance/economics or related discipline and with 1 to 3 years' experience within banking and finance in a global financial institution
- advanced software skills (Microsoft Office) and other management reporting applications. Knowledge of Salesforce would be an asset.
- strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to understand and succinctly explain complex data
- creative and innovative thinker
- attention to detail
- highly motivated and flexible team player.
If this sounds like your next role, we look forward to hearing from you. About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.