Credit Analyst (Associate) Financial Institutions
Associate - Financial Institutions Grade 11 (for internal purposes)
We are looking for a highly skilled individual to join our Financial Institutions Ratings team in Paris. The Role:
• Analytical excellence:
You will assume responsibility for a portfolio of French and Benelux financial institutions.You will lead the meetings with banks' top management and will prepare the materials and present to the S&P rating committee that determines the rating outcome. You will also contribute to portfolio reviews and research for the sector.
You will publish high quality and forward-looking rating reports. In addition, you are expected to author or co-author our Bank Industry Country Risk Assessment (BICRA) reports and other high-quality research pieces on the sector.
• Customer Service:
You aim to provide clients with client service excellence adding value to management meetings and through board presentations. You will equally participate in investor outreach.
You are expected to absorb the dynamically changing parameters of bank analysis (ESG, digital disruption, transformation of business models) and include forward-looking views into your research and committee presentations. You identify internal innovation and process improvements to promote an ongoing amelioration of our work environment. The Impact:
• Ratings: You assume analytic oversight responsibility for a broad and complex portfolio of credits, ensuring a consistently high level of analytic quality,
• People: You are a team player promoting a positive team atmosphere as well as analytical and client service excellence.
• Issuers: You will be the first and most important contact with the issuer handling the day-to-day analytical relationship.
• External: In coordination with the Sector Lead and Analytical Manager you will communicate our thought leadership and credit stories via appropriate channels (e.g., publications, speeches, conference presentations, media interviews, social media etc), The Career Opportunity:
You will have the opportunity to establish yourself as an industry expert by covering a diverse portfolio of complex credits, interacting with banks' top management, and largest global investors. You will also be able to deepen your expertise in ESG and tech disruption topics that have become a key focus for FI credit analysis. The Team / The Business:
• As Associate you will join a highly experienced, skilled, diverse, innovative, and international team mainly based in Paris, London and Dublin.
• The team is part of the EMEA Sovereign and Financial Services Group, which performs surveillance on all EMEA based Sovereign, International Public Finance, Insurance, and Financial Institutions ratings. Requirements:
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English and French are essential. Fluency in other European languages will be an advantage.
• Degree level in a relevant business related field, a relevant Master's degree, CFA/FRM or financial qualification would be desirable.
• Demonstrable 3-5 years of expertise in financial institutions analysis.
• Numerate and accurate with figures and detail-orientated, with ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with potentially tight deadlines.
• Strong organizational skills and execution mind-set.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to represent S&P as primary analyst in meetings.
• Capable facilitating and leading virtual meetings with senior issuer / industry experts and willing to travel, sometimes at short notice.
• Computer literate having strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
261407 Posted On: