Contract Middle Office Manager | Commodity Trading | Paris, France
- Very Competitive
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Contract, Full time
- Olive Delta
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Global Commodity Trading company requires middle office manager working within accounting and cash-flow management within business units and treasury. This is a critical position which involve the successful candidate in the deployment of a new trade management tool connecting the group's ERP Systems
Execution of Derivatives Transactions.
- Ensure that the execution of derivative orders for the Group is in cohesion with Business Units requests and in compliance with risk management policies.
- Ensure that contacts with market operators (banks, brokers) are handled professionally and ethically.
Control and reporting of derivative positions
- Inform and resolve with diligence the operations in anomaly (missing information, problem of confirmation, ....)
- Maintain and verify the position of derivatives portfolios, produces and provides to the different entities their derivative position
- Manage the confirmation process with third-parties – Exchanges and Over The counter counterparties.
Valuation, reporting and accounting of derivatives
- Guarantees the correct valuation of the derivatives portfolio.
- Prepares the P & L analysis of the derivatives portfolio and corresponding reporting in collaboration with the Group's Market Risk Management team and the Group Treasury.
- Provide the group Business Units with the necessary information required by IFRS accounting rules pertaining to derivative transactions.
Management framework and risk monitoring
- Participate in the process of validation of new products (validation of the capacity of MO and BO Derivatives to manage the product).
- Support the Market Risk Management team in the production of consolidated reporting (contribution of derivatives position) for monitoring physical and derivative positions and risk monitoring indicators.
- Support the Group Treasury team in the context of cash forecasts related to margin calls and the management of financial counterparties (risk lines available / not available by type of derivatives, exposure to different financial counterparties, etc.)
- Ensures the Derivatives operations is managed in compliance with the regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Manage the reporting process accordingly.
- Participate in the development of information systems relating to multi-country and multiproduct management front-to-back-to-accounting derivatives
- Help the Back Office to manage the configuration of profiles and user rights (in connection with DSI functions)
- Support the administration of databases used by information systems (portfolios, strategies, counterparties, underlyings, etc.) for derivatives management.
- Take charge of and / or contribute to the various projects (including writing processes and procedures, information systems, ...) impacting its scope
- Support internal control in the FO to BO process Derivatives: identification of operational risks, definition and implementation of controls, segregation of duties management (in particular by managing back-ups) ...) and triggering corrective actions, in coordination with the control functions and internal audit.
- Higher education (Bac +5) Finance / Economics, engineering school, completed by an experience (minimum of 8 years) in an international trading group ("Derivative" (or physical / derivatives) management team or the Middle Office), a banking institution (front office (commodities, ...)) or a Financing and Treasury department of an international group in derivative front office functions,
- Ability to communicate both internally (other holding services and BUs) and externally (financial counterparties, etc.) and to manage transversal projects (ability to assume the lead).
- Ability to adapt and integrate, to work in an international context
- Significant knowledge of financial markets, trading standards for derivatives, different types of derivatives o Autonomy, sense of rigor, discretion and commitment,
- Quality of anticipation, organization and planning of work programs, and drafting of analysis and proposal notes.
- Fluent in English - a good level in French would be appreciated,
- Knowledge of ETRM tools. Familiarity with SAP is a plus.