Client Development Associate
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 26 May 19
Client Development Associate
The Role: Client Development Associate
Location: Paris, France
The Team: Client Development Associates (CDA) are responsible for managing existing accounts, delivering a positive overall client experience, and supporting account growth and new business development. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to gain exposure and build a career in account management.
The Impact: CDA's are part of the Commercial Organization and serve as a primary point of contact with clients. Their daily interaction with clients directly impacts revenue retention and growth. By working with clients in the field daily, CDA's educate and spread awareness in the market place about S&P Global Market Intelligence's capabilities. CDA's also interact with clients to achieve a deep understanding of client business models, issues and needs.
What's in it for you?
- Collaborative work environment, with regular mentoring from peers and leadership
- Unlimited growth potential
- Flexible work environment
- High visibility role, interacting with existing and potential clients daily
For this role, the Client Development Associate will require a clear understanding of how different client segments operate and are likely to use the intellectual property and tools offered by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
- Provide high touch client service to gain user acceptance and have services integrated into client workflow
- Deliver client training (on-site and via WebEx) on product functionality and new releases specific to user job function
- Monitor product usage to ensure client retention and identify upsell opportunities
- Work and coordinate with Sales Reps in account planning and renewals
- Track market and customer developments and trends
- Identify customer problems and suggests ways to help clients address them
- Accountable for contributing to the achievement of sales goals for the assigned sales team and retention of revenue
What we are looking for: We are looking for a Client Development Associate based in our Paris office. This role is responsible for helping Global Relationship Managers deliver a positive overall client experience to our Investment Banking Key Account clients. The role also focuses on developing business contacts and sales opportunities that contribute to our expansion within the Key Accounts. Clients are located throughout EMEA.
- Bachelor's degree (Finance, Economics or related field preferred)
- Fluent in French and English
- 1-3 years' work experience (2 years of experience in financial services industry preferred)
- Strong understanding of how the Capital markets operate
- Goal and action orientated with ability and desire to work towards revenue targets within a team environment
- High level of comfort and determination when dealing with challenging situations, i.e. objection handling, overcoming gatekeepers
- Solid organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to engage a senior - level audience
- Strong presentation, multitasking and customer service skills
- Proved record of maintaining positive relationships with senior members of client organizations, addressing their needs, and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Exceptional skills in listening to clients, articulating ideas and complex information in a clear and structured manner
- Demonstrate sound ability to analyze client information quickly, respond logically, and use data to influence client purchase decisions
- Strong MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills are required, and any knowledge of CRM databases (such as Salesforce.com) would be advantageous
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.