Capital Markets Institutional Operations Support Analyst
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo
- 08 Apr 19
About Wells Fargo Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially.
We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at ourInternational Careers website.
Market Job Description
The Wells Fargo Securities Broker Dealer Operations team, is responsible for the timely and accurate affirmation & confirmation, clearance & settlement, asset servicing and general support for securities processing. The group is accountable for managing and controlling high levels of risk and liability inherent with securities processing. It is imperative the team provide outstanding service and create an environment that maintains its focus on serving our clients and key business partners while constantly looking for ways to improve efficiency.
The Operations Analyst will process numerous exception driven events which include but are not limited to fail management, reconciliations, buy-ins, fixed income & equity settlements, repo settlements, stock loan support, prime brokerage support, re-alignment services, corporate action processing, various asset exchanges and conversions, security and cash position breaks, asset segregation processing and client money protection. Other concepts include working knowledge of SWIFT and corresponding settlement and payment messages as well as familiarity with funds transfer and overall money movements. They will be expected to coordinate with front office sales, trading, legal, documentation, compliance, finance, technology, external vendors and various other operational groups. The Analyst will be involved in large scale projects which may include technology & process reengineering and transformational change. The role will include testing system and process enhancements.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- Considerable years of relevant operations experience.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Understanding of Broadridge products including but not limited to GLOSS, IMPACT and BPS
- Understanding of CSD processing (DTC, Clearstream)
- Experience working with global custodians, depositories, agents and brokers to ensure timely and accurate processing of events to client accounts and to appropriately manage risk
- A good understanding of capital markets products, industry trends and industry-wide best practices
- Strong knowledge of European regulations i.e. CASS, KAG, MiFiiD
- Understanding of corporate action notifications, elections and processing
- Understanding of security and cash break reports, research and resolution of breaks
- Familiar with the regulatory environment and maintaining strong controls
- Proficient in Excel as well as other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with an attention to detail, organization and prioritization
- BS/BA equivalent degree
- Ability to identify and implement change, including process efficiencies
- Industry working relationships
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.