COMMODITY STRUCTURED TRADE FINANCE (CSTF) RELATIONSHIP MANAGER/ANALYST
- Competitive package depending on the level of experience
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 Feb 18 2018-02-07
Cofarco is looking to add a new Relationship Manager/Anaslyst position in its Paris office to support the expansion of its client base with commodity trading companies. This unique opportunity is aimed at candidates who have already gained a good level of banking or credit insurance underwriting/broking experience (3-7 years) in relation to commodities markets and who are keen to accelerate their careers within an entrepreneurial environment.
Responsibilities will include in particular:
- Advising commodities traders on financing and risk mitigation strategies globally and/or on specific transactions;
- Determining 'bankable' facility structures, advising on terms and conditions;
- Preparing transaction teasers, as well as in-depth information memoranda;
- Placing transactions with banks, funds and insurance underwriters globally;
- Identifying new services to complement Cofarco’s existing service offering;
- Monitoring existing transactions, helping clients to comply with documentation requirements and terms;
- Acquiring new clients;
- Ensuring respect of compliance, international sanctions and reputational risks.
To be considered for the position, candidates will have:
- Commodity specialist;
- 3 to 7 years experience for a bank or for an insurance underwriter/broker;
- Sound financial analysis and structuring skills with the ability to build clear demonstration;
- Capacity to pay attention to details wihtout losing sight of the bigger picture;
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English which is the firm’s working language;
- Proven track record of "deal doing" and supporting deal doing in the commodity finance arena;
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, able to use own initiative and to manage a transaction from start to finish;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships both externally and internally.
Moreover the successful candidate will show an international bend and possess the drive to perform in a demanding global environment undergoing rapid change and growth; he/she will have the willingness to take responsibilities.
Founded in 2009, Cofarco offers independent financing arrangement and credit risk hedging services to the commodities and natural resources markets.
Headquartered in Paris, it serves an international customer base of corporate clients and financial institutions.
The firm's expertise spans across the major commodity and natural resource sectors including oil and gas, conventional and renewable power, metals and mining, and agricultural products. It raises finance and binds credit protection with more than hundred and fifty financial institutions active in the commodities space.
Start date: March/April 2018.
Location: Office is located in Paris 9th arrondissement