Business Project Manager - Equity knowledge, Technology and Regulation
- Competitive depending on experience and fit for role
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Contract, Full time
- 08 Apr 19
Excellent 6 month contract with long term project scope. A challenging role for a strong project manager has opened up, this will suit someone with a mix of Business knowledge within Investment Banking (Ideally Equity) and experience delivering Technology systems.
Excellent 6 month contract with a long term outlook. A challenging role for a strong project manager has opened up, this will suit someone able to work autonomously, with the ability to look after both new business initiatives as well as helping to deliver a new Technology platform.
The role will involve taking ownership and working autonomously on multiple projects within the business line, you will lead and drive some of its strategic growth initiatives. This will involve strong influential skills and stakeholder management. You will be working with various parts of the business such as Project management, Operational, Product, Risk, IT, Client Services or Sales teams.
Some of your main tasks and responsibilities will be :
- Dynamically organise and chair Project Steering Committee and Working Groups
- Formalise project scope, draft project charters and obtain sign-off from sponsors,
- Conduct & provide ad hoc analysis on specific topics at project level for the relevant Boards and Committees,
- Identify early & provide a cross-functional view across impacted groups of issues and raise them to the appropriate body (Project managers, Operational, Product, Risk, IT, Client Services or Sales teams),
- Build & articulate business case to defend budget requests to the various governing bodies, clarifying and promoting the proposed budget approach
- Provide on-going communication and evaluation of project status,
Some of the key skills you will need are:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as this is an English speaking role. Ideally French speaking also.
- Proven record in the Financial / Capital Market sector within an International organisation
- Strong experience of technology delivery and regulatory projects In financial services
- Proven record in managing cross-functional project/programme and writing programme related documentation in English
- Good cross-functional knowledge of Equity and listed derivatives product knowledge
- Ability to multi-task and manage large & diverse topics in parallel
- Plan, track and analyse budget actuals and projections,