Helaba Real Estate Finance - Origination Team in Paris
Helaba (“Landesbank Hesse-Thüringen Girozentrale”) is an integrated full-service bank with a stable long-term strategic business model, strengthened by close ties with the German Savings Banks network (the “Sparkassen”). It has c. 6.000 employees worldwide. (www.helaba.com).
Helaba Real Estate Finance (“REF”) is core to Helaba’s strategy. Target clients are institutions and private investors, private equity funds, asset managers, listed corporates, developers, and selected residential property companies. REF in France is strongly positioned. Its objective is to keep being recognized as a “Lender of Choice”, further penetrate the local market, and grow its syndication practice.
- contribute to strengthen Helaba’s origination, underwriting and execution capabilities in Real Estate Finance in France.
Job description :
- Analysis of incoming transactions, financial modelling, underwriting risk, rating and pricing.
- Drafting of internal authorization requests and term sheets.
- Support for due diligence, structuring, and loan documentation drafting, commercial negotiations and transaction closings (eg. site visits, valuations, legal advice), and internal systems management.
- Cooperation with the Bank’s Credit, Legal, Syndication, Treasury, Capital Markets and Operations desks.
- Support for budgeting, planning and meeting ad-hoc requests, inc. presentations and communication.
- Opportunity to grow into more senior role.
- Qualifications & Experience:
- 2 to 5 year successful professional experience, preferably in international real estate (as lender, investor, asset manager, advisor, broker) or banking (eg. Leverage, Structured or Project Finance or Debt Capital Markets).
- Well tested technical knowledge of relevant financial techniques and tools (inc. cashflow modelling and risk rating) and products.
- Good verbal and in-writing communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable track record in executing flawless transactions or projects.
- Strong education with international credentials (finance or business eg. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree).
- French, English, and ideally German.
- International banking credit and system experience “a plus”.
- Personal Characteristics :
- Excellent analytical and financial skills; attention to detail; well organized.
- Hands-on and performance oriented with desire to work in demanding international environment.
- Self-confident, flexible, open-minded; good listener.
- Energetic, driven, fast; Team spirited.
- Strong sense of ethics and compliance.
The position reports into the Real Estate Finance Head of Helaba France (also General Manager of Paris Branch).
- Compensation (Salary + Bonus + Benefits): competitive.
- Other Terms and Conditions: according to French law.