Associate Director - Structured Finance
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 19 Feb 19
Associate Director - Structured Finance
Associate Director, Structured Finance, S&P Global Ratings - Paris / Dublin / Frankfurt / Milan / Madrid
The Role: S&P Global Ratings is seeking an exceptional professional with strong analytical and communication skills to join the EMEA Structured Finance Team. You will act in an analytical role providing analysis, research and support to the ABS/RMBS team, based in one of our European offices.
The successful applicant will enhance our ability to efficiently and effectively serve our clients by demonstrating outstanding analytical excellence and the capacity to provide relevant, insightful and compelling analysis. You will have responsibility for helping the undertaking of the analysis for the ABS/RMBS team. As an Associate Director, you will have direct analytical responsibility for a portfolio of credits and be responsible for conducting credit and financial analysis, reviewing, researching and managing data/transaction documents, running credit models, analyzing cash flows, and preparing analytical documentation. You will be expected to provide analytical reasoning in committees and discussion within the team, and to act proactively toward resolution of issues, to investigate root causes for problem, solving and be knowledgeable on the appropriate criteria. You will be an effective communicator working within the Structured Finance Analytical team as well as being an ambassador for S&P Global ratings with market participants, through effective communication with issuers and other key clients. You will develop and maintain a deep understanding of the industry trends and issues. As new asset classes evolve, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of different proposals. You will be well organized and efficient in your approach to deadlines and problem solving
The Career Opportunity:
You will get to work in a dynamic team environment and work with a team of professional specialists. You can deepen and broaden your insight and knowledge in one of the leading credit ratings' companies in the world. This role provides a great opportunity to be exposed to a range of markets and asset types.
The Team / The Business:
You will report to the Analytical Manager, Structured Finance and be working closely with a number of highly experienced industry specialists.
Bachelor degree is required and possibly completed or pursuing postgraduate studies/CFA. You must have good attention to detail and numerical skills, and an ability to synthesize and interpret large volumes of data. You have good English writing skills to prepare professional analyses and reports. An understanding of securitization and financial markets and prior exposure to ABS/RMBS or credit analytics is desirable. You are a proactive individual who has a willingness to learn attitude and an analytical mind-set. Advanced skills in using cash flow and credit models will be a distinctive advantage. An additional language is a positive.
What is in it for you?
Structured finance is an important sector of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the economy. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. It offers the opportunity to work in a collegial culture with great potential for professional development and career growth. To succeed, you must be comfortable with quantitative analysis and have good problem solving skills.
- Independently prepare and present analysis and recommendations to credit committees
- Conduct analyses on complicated Structured Finance transactions - reviewing data, documentation and reviewing and running related credit and cash-flow models, with appropriate risk factor identification, measurement, and presentation
- Undertake research and work closely with senior analysts in support of S&P Global Ratings published research and analysis for the EMEA Structured Finance team
- Working closely with senior analysts to provide research and analysis for the Structured Finance team
- Participate in analytical educational meetings to provide insight on our analytical approach
- Model S&P leadership behaviors, coach and mentor junior staff
- Understand and implement S&P's Policies and SOPs
- Take the lead on special projects within the Structured Finance as appropriate
- Bachelor degree holder of Business, Finance, Economics, or a related subject
- Relevant industry experience in ABS/RMBS or credit analysis or related analytical fields. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Relevant years of analytical work experience in the financial services industry
- Experience in managing and interpreting data for analytical purposes
- Solid analytical capability, team player and has good time management skills
- Able to multi-task and meet projects with a tight time frame
- Self-starter and proactive attitude and effective team player.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-changing, global and regulated environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English, additional languages an advantage