- Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Permanent, Full time
- Helaba Paris
- 11 Nov 17
Associate, Commercial Real Estate Finance
Helaba Origination Team in Paris
Helaba (“Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen”) is an integrated full-service bank with a stable long-term strategic business model, strengthened by close ties with the German Savings Banks network (the “Sparkassen”). It has a strong balance sheet, approx. €165bn and c. 6.000 employees, mostly in Germany.
Helaba Commercial Real Estate Finance is core to Helaba’s strategy. Target clients are institutions and private investors, private equity funds, asset managers, listed corporates, developers, and selected residential property companies.
Mission: contribute to Helaba’s origination, underwriting and execution capabilities in Commercial Real Estate Finance in France.
- Analysis of incoming transactions, financial modelling, underwriting risk, rating and pricing.
- Drafting of internal authorization requests and term sheets.
- Support for due diligence, structuring, and loan documentation drafting, commercial negotiations and transaction closings (eg. site visits, valuers, legal advisors), and internal systems management.
- Cooperation with the Bank’s Credit, Legal, Syndication, Treasury and Capital Markets desks, and Back-Office.
- Support for budgeting, planning and meeting ad-hoc requests, inc. presentations and communication.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 2 year professional experience, preferably in international real estate (as lender, investor, asset manager) or banking (eg. Leverage, Structured or Project Finance or Debt Capital Markets).
- Technical knowledge of relevant financial techniques and tools (inc. cashflow modelling and risk rating) and products.
- Demonstrable track record in executing flawless transactions or projects.
- Strong education with international credentials (finance or business, eg. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree).
- Tri-lingual French, English and German.
- International banking credit and system experience “a plus”.
Compensation (Salary + Bonus + Benefits): competitive.
Other Terms and Conditions: according to French law.