- Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 20 May 19
- The Role: S&P Global Ratings is seeking an exceptional professional with strong analytical and communication skills to join the EMEA Structured Finance Team. You will act in an analytical role providing analysis, research and support to the Covered Bonds team, based in one of our European offices.
The Impact: The successful applicant will enhance our ability to efficiently and effectively serve our clients by demonstrating outstanding analytical excellence and the capacity to provide relevant, insightful and compelling analysis. As an Associate you will be assisting senior analyst to conduct credit analysis, reviewing, researching and managing data/transaction documents, running credit models, analyzing cash flows, and preparing analytical documentation. You will be expected to provide analytical reasoning in committees and discussion within the team, and to act proactively toward resolution of issues, and be knowledgeable on the appropriate criteria. You will be an effective communicator working within the Structured Finance Analytical team as well as being an ambassador for S&P Global ratings with market participants. You will develop and maintain a deep understanding of the industry trends and issues. As new asset classes evolve, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of different proposals. You will be well organized and efficient in your approach to deadlines and problem-solving.
The Career Opportunity: You will get to work in a dynamic team environment and work with a team of professional specialists. You can deepen and broaden your insight and knowledge in one of the leading credit ratings' companies in the world. This role provides a great opportunity to be exposed to a range of markets and asset types.
The Team / The Business: You will report to the Analytical Manager, Structured Finance and be working closely with a number of highly experienced industry specialists.
Your Skills: Bachelor degree is required and possibly completed or pursuing postgraduate studies/CFA. You must have good attention to detail and numerical skills, and an ability to synthesize and interpret large volumes of data. You have good English writing skills to prepare professional analyses and reports. An understanding of securitisation and financial markets and prior exposure to Covered Bonds or credit analytics is helpful, but not required. You are a proactive individual who has a willingness to learn attitude and an analytical mind-set. Advanced skills in using cash-flow and credit models will be a distinctive advantage. German language is required and Nordic language knowledge is a positive.
What's in it for you: Structured finance is an important sector of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the economy. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. It offers the opportunity to work in a collegial culture with great potential for professional development and career growth. To succeed, you must be comfortable with quantitative analysis and have good problem solving skills.
- Support and assist senior analysts in updating reports and preparing for meetings and internal credit committees
- Conduct analyses on Covered Bond programs - reviewing data, documentation and reviewing and running related credit and cash-flow models, with appropriate risk factor identification, measurement, and presentation
- Undertake research and work closely with senior analysts in support of S&P Global Ratings published research and analysis for the EMEA Structured Finance team
- Understand and implement S&P's Policies and SOPs
- Take the lead on special projects within the Structured Finance team as appropriate
- Bachelor degree holder of Business, Finance, Economics, or a related subject
- Relevant industry experience in Covered Bonds or credit analysis or related analytical fields in the financial services industry
- Ability to quickly absorb, analyze, and act upon information, while demonstrating strong proficiency with figures, accuracy and be detail-oriented while complying with deadlines
- Strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills.
- Solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand, learn, and make a contribution.
- Fluent in English and German. Nordic languages is an advantage.
- Highly organized, meet deadlines and work under time pressure.
- Strong team player - the ability to work in a deal-driven, collaborative and multicultural work environment is critical.
- Must have ability to think independently and critically, and have an eye for innovation opportunities.