Analyst / Associate in the M&A Infrastructure Sector advisory team within the CIB division
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Permanent, Full time
- Banco Santander S.A.
- 29 Mar 19
Santander is the largest bank in the Euro zone with a current market capitalisation of approximately €66bn. Over the past five years, Santander has consistently been one of the top 3-5 most profitable banks in the world, and posted a €7.8bn net attributable profit in 2018.
A dynamic geographical diversification strategy across Europe and Latin America, combined with a robust risk management culture, has enabled Santander to become one of the strongest banks worldwide.
Santander’s ambition is to become one of the leading international corporate and investment banks in France and to reach a top 5 position globally for the Infrastructure sector. The Santander teams in Paris advised on several large, cross-border M&A transactions, as well as DCM and Acquisition Finance deals.
Santander operates in a matrix structure whereby the Global Infrastructure Sector Team will provide leadership and support to the generalist M&A teams located in each country. The Global Infrastructure Sector team is Paris based and will be responsible for the origination while contributing heavily to the execution of M&A Infrastructure transactions in Santander key geographies (Europe and LatAm).
1. Support the Global Head of Infrastructure in originating and executing M&A, Corporate Finance, Capital Structure Advisory and Equity Capital Market mandates. The candidate will take direct coordination and execution responsibilities in all assignments.
2. Provide detailed research on the sector including trends, and SWOT analysis to assist the whole M&A franchise in pitching ideas to clients
3. Build detailed financial models to analyse the impact of mergers, acquisitions, disposals, leveraged buyouts and capital raises on earnings, cash flow, credit profile and ownership.
4. Perform company valuations using various valuation methods such as discounted cash flow, leveraged buyout, comparable and prepare internal and external presentations.
5. Participate in client meetings and other client interactions during which the candidate will gain exposure to key executives and senior management of large corporates and infrastructure funds. The candidate must demonstrate an exemplary attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• 1 to 4-yr mandatory experience in M&A (including internships) from a bulge bracket investment bank / top-tier strategic consulting firm.
• Graduate from top-tier business/engineering schools
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines while paying attention to details.
• Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and financial modelling.
• Ability to work in a truly international environment.
• Strong interest in the banking and infrastructure industry.
• Strong interest in emerging markets, candidate should be prepared to travel frequently.
• Languages: Proficiency in English is required. French, Spanish and/or Portuguese are a plus.