Administrative Assistant (12 month contract)
Job Description Objective
: The purpose of the job is to provide administrative support to members of the organisation and provide backup, as needed. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist in arranging travel for team members including air, rail, car service and hotel and conference registrations taking care to be mindful of deadlines and working to ensure that the most economical options are taken advantage of. Organising visa applications for travelers in accurate and timely manner. Ensuring all bookings are compliant with our T&E policies and guidelines.
Timely and accurate preparation and submission of T&E reports for each team member supported, ensuring that company policies have been followed and that proper and organised documentation is provided to support the report.
- Ensure all receipts are included from staff
- Monitor and inform manager if anybody has not given ALL their receipts
- Screen for any inconsistencies adhering to the T&E policy.
- Expense reports need to be monitored monthly for approval by their managers, if approvals have not been done within the month, please inform your manager.
- After reports have been approved by the manager, paper copies to be brought to accounts.
- Ensure client billable portions of expenses are invoiced.
- Assist finance where necessary.
- Escalate any problem cases to your manager.
- Meeting Co-ordination
Assist in process meeting requests for team including setting up appointments, reserving conference rooms, requesting security passes for guests, arranging for teleconference numbers, refreshments, handouts, etc.
- General Administrative Support
Provide general secretarial support to include copying, scanning and spreadsheet work. Acquire and maintain a good understanding of Moody's business, and particular business line being supported, in order to provide optimal customer service.
Answer all phones promptly and in a pleasant and professional manner. Take detailed messages and deliver them without delay to the intended party or assist callers by redirecting them to another available party who can help them. Co-ordinate with back-up admins to ensure that all phones on board are covered at all times.
- Administrative Back-Up
During vacations and times of absence, provide back-up in order to ensure uninterrupted flow of operations with regard to support staff, technology and all office issues.
As needed, assist team members by acting as liaison to Facilities with regard to equipment and building issues.
May be called upon to take on additional responsibilities and/or perform other tasks as assigned.
- Related experience working in a corporate environment
- Basic working knowledge of, and skill in, the Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- In CALENDAR, ability to create and modify appointments using the planner; in E-MAIL, the ability to create, send and forward email
- ability to create and modify basic communications
- ability to create and modify basic spreadsheets
- Good organization skills
- Experience of managing and processing complex expenses
- Excellent phone manner
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities
- Strong orientation toward teamwork
- Requires moderate supervision
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.