AVP - Analyst Sub-Sovereign
Job Description We have an opportunity for an AVP - Analyst in the Moody's Sub Sovereign Group to conduct credit research on a portfolio of regional/local governments and government-related issuers.
- Assume lead analytical responsibility for a portfolio of regional and local governments as well as related entities largely located in France.
- Additionally, assist more senior staff in the analysis of a broader portfolio of government credits.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the assigned regional/local governments and related entities
- Participate in the analysis of a broader portfolio of government credits globally.
- Monitor economic trends and developments, analyze government financial statements, monitor financial market activities, analyze credit quality using both quantitative and qualitative methods, and accumulate in-depth knowledge of the government sector in France.
- Build and maintain high quality relationships with senior management at regional and local governments and government-related issuers.
- Prepare rating committee materials and recommendations.
- Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on credit trends and specific issuers.
- Perform and present in-depth fundamental credit analysis effectively and comprehensively on each issuer in a portfolio at rating committees
Actively participate in regular outreach events such as investor briefings, teleconferences, conferences and third party presentations
- Strong academic background is required. Graduate degree or equivalent, in Economics, Finance, Business, International Relations or Public Administration.
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- Financial/statistical research capabilities.
- Substantial experience in public finance or relevant credit research experience is essential
- Excellent communication skills in French and English - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
- Highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Strong MS Office skills; principally Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Some public speaking and travel would be required
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.