298585 - Senior Operational Due Diligence Analyst
- Selon profil
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Permanent, Full time
- Axa Investment Managers
- 19 Oct 18
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €717bn in assets as of the end of 2016. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 22 countries.
The Senior Operational Due Diligence Analyst is responsible for understanding the operational set-up under which the fund managers are implementing their strategy and review operational risks.
The analyst will work within the existing Operational Due Diligence team with responsibility for operational due diligence review on new and existing investments.SFD invest and advise primarily in alternative credit, hedge fund and impact funds (including private equity funds) through their External Managers team, and establish direct partnerships with investment partners across the platform.
Operational Due Diligence
- Conduct operational due diligence on candidate funds and managers and other investment partners, including:
Management company’s business operating model, organisation, staffing, legal structure
Investment and control teams’ experience and background
Trading, trade processing, trade reconciliation processes, IT systems & cybersecurity;
Fund valuation processes, fund administration
Internal control, regulatory and compliance
Written operational due diligence reports for presentation to the Investment Committee;
- Review external fund (and co-investment) legal documentation and tax set-up, including liaising with internal tax and legal departments on issues identified
- Review other investment partners terms of partnership, including documentation and operating model
- Review candidate fund’s third party service providers – prime brokers, auditors, fund’s administrator, directors
- Cross check information provided by managers with independent sources (prime brokers, administrators, background checks, etc.)
- Conduct monitoring reviews & manager visit reports with invested managers to ensure to ensure all processes are being followed & high standards are being maintained
- Assess and complete corporate actions on underlying funds
- Negotiate terms (side letters), funds’ legal agreements and other documentation
- Maintain contacts with professionals and service providers in the alternative investment industry on legal and due diligence matters
- Review funds and managers audited financial statements
- Ensure team are up to date on legal and accounting issues in relation to the alternative investment industry
- Assist with ad-hoc projects
- Work closely with the Structuring teams to ensure that new fund structures or partnerships established for SFD with external investment managers or partners are in line with identified best practices
- Maintain and share knowledge across the platform on legal, regulatory, accounting and tax aspects of investments
- Assist with RFP process
- University graduate with a finance related or legal degree
- Professional qualification – either qualified accountant or qualified solicitor/barrister/lawyer , or both (dual-qualification)
- At least 4 years experience – in-depth experience in operational due diligence within a fund of hedge fund platform or at a hedge fund, a private equity platform or fund, alternative investment administrator or prime broker.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of companies’s legal set up
- Accountancy and taxation knowledge
- Candidate must be efficient, proactive, well organised and have high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and writting skills
- Candidate must have a solutions driven approach
- Capacity to work well in a small team