- Grenoble, Rhone-Alpes, France
- Permanent, Full time
Assistant Director - Senior Software Engineer
Location: Grenoble, Rhone-Alpes, FranceThis is a unique opportunity to join a team who are experiencing a period of unprecedented growth.
The Risk Authority team builds the risk engine delivering streamlined and automated regulatory compliance for Basel I, II, and III. It is made up of Quality and Software Engineers working together under Agile Scrum methodologies. The developed application is recognized as a leading provider of risk and capital management solution and has won numerous industry awards from both industry analysts and readers of industry magazines.
You will join the team as Software Engineer. You will participate in the whole Moody's Risk Authority solution lifecycle. In daily cooperation with Quality Assurance Engineers and Business Analysts, you will participate in the design and the development of the application based on technical or functional specifications.
A Software Engineer fulfils the following responsibilities, with occasional guidance of more senior team members:
- Interpret business requirements for a Business Mission/Epic with the assistance of Business Analysts.
- Provide feedback on requirements from a technical perspective, and provide estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Take ownership of stories; Implement and test features based on the requirements.
- Refactor design and implementation for stories owned, based on requirement changes.
- Influence the functional design and user experience. Promote consistency and simplicity.
- Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
- Investigate and find the root cause for software problems reported by clients.
- Maintain technical documents.
- Review code of less senior team members, provide guidance from technical perspective.
- Work with more senior team members to continuously improve our engineering practices.
- Mentor more junior engineers.
- Conduct training sessions and proactively share knowledge in or across teams.
- Deep understanding of Object or Functional Oriented design and development
- Proficient in data access techniques for relational databases
- Works well within the constructs of an agile development process, including SCRUM, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration, etc. and suggests improvement to this process
- Quickly learns new technologies; proactively seeks to improve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to participate in multiple projects
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Has superb analytical and problem solving skills.
- Competent in Programming Languages: C++, Oracle PL/SQL, Java, Scala/Spark or others.
- Competent in Development tools: Visual Studio , IntelliJ IDEA etc.
- Competent in Development Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Linux.
- Competent with Databases: SQL, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Familiar in Others: Jira, Rally, Perforce, Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Ideally have obtained a Masters degree in Computer Science.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.