Financial Controller, Mouvex
- Auxerre, Bourgogne, France
- Permanent, Full time
- PSG Pump Solutions
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
PSG® is a global leader in the manufacture of pumps, systems and related flow-control solutions for the safe, efficient and reliable transfer of critical and valuable materials. PSG features world-class pump brands – Wilden®, Blackmer®, Neptune™, Almatec®, Mouvex®, Griswold™, Finder™, Ebsray® and Quattroflow™ – committed to servicing key vertical markets that include Hygienic, Water, Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Energy. We are dedicated to innovative technologies that will positively impact the world.
We are a part of the global community with localized presence in over 100 countries, and multiple facilities in the U.S., France, Germany, Italy, India and China that are ISO certified. At PSG, we are passionately committed to the development of innovative “sustainable” technologies. We are relentless in our pursuit of excellence, and confident in the market knowledge and expertise we bring to our customers.
We thrive on winning and being number one; and are always looking to add the best and brightest to our talented team of professionals. PSG offers a unique combination of the both small company atmosphere: with an ownership mindset that allows you to make close-to-the-customer decisions; an innovative approach in seeing beyond what is possible today and entrepreneurial spirit in the pursuit of new opportunities; combined with benefits of a large company’s scale, tools, expertise and financial strength with Dover. Join PSG, a growing global company where your curiosity, hard work and ambition is rewarded with exceptional career opportunities in a friendly & fast paced environment. Welcome aboard!
PSG is part of the Fluids segment of the Dover Corporation® (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues in excess of $7 billion
The Financial controller will have the responsibility for the development and execution of the financial strategy supporting Mouvex (€50M Revenue Dover business). You will provide financial leadership and support the operation and effectiveness of the organization. In doing so, the Financial Controller will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial related activities for Mouvex. Direct responsibilities include strategic planning, controllership, accounting and consolidation, financial planning, analysis and talent development, while overseeing and leveraging Dover Corporation resources in terms of tax, treasury, risk management and legal aspects of the business. The Financial Controller will team with the President to set strategic direction for this global business. This role will demand strong technical skills paired with sound leadership and people development to help drive the growth, globalization and long-term profitability of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key business partner to the President and members of the Mouvex leadership team. Provide financial advice, counsel and analyses, as well as sound business judgment, to the leadership team.
- Manage monthly financial forecasting, annual budgeting, and strategic financial planning.
- Manage the processes around financial analysis and operational data analysis to support commercial and operational decision making and planning.
- Work closely with the President and other members of management on actual performance against plans and budgets. Be proactive in taking steps to close any plan shortfalls. Provide useful, objective analysis to other executives that will help in evaluating results and in driving a greater level of accountability throughout the organization.
- Responsible for the system of internal controls, accounting and consolidation policies and procedures, including development and maintenance of accounting and control policies and procedures and their consistent application throughout Mouvex.
- Provide oversight on Mouvex credit and collection policies and maintain an appropriate balance in credit risk decisions, utilizing Dover’s financial strength to help support sales growth while balancing risk.
- Oversee the accounting team and ensure that all accounting policies and procedures necessary to ensure accurate and timely reporting of the company’s performance will be maintained. This includes management reporting and analysis that comply with all relevant laws and requirements. The Financial Controller will be a proactive interpreter of relevant and appropriate accounting issues and ensure that finance and internal control activities and practices conform to Dover generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP), and all applicable laws.
- Work with Dover and PSG IT resources to help lead an overhaul in the Mouvex IT infrastructure, utilizing Dover’s preferred ERP system, Oracle.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Finance or Accounting, and have substantial experience in financial analysis, accounting controls, Sarbox, and general accounting
- Knowledge in IFRS & US-GAAP
- Experience working in multi-national company in a financial leadership position required
- English and French language fluency
- Proven leadership skills and management experience with an ability to recruit, develop, motivate, and retain a high performing financial team
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Highly ethical. Can be trusted to maintain financial integrity of the organization
- Experience in IT system overhaul helpful
- Work experience in manufacturing setting preferred
- Listens to others and addresses questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Identifies the need for change and acts like a change agent.
- Excellent time management and delegation skills.
- Determines the right coaching and delegation strategy to each situation
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to perform in a dynamic environment
- Highly organized and efficient in approaching tasks
- A self-starter with ability to problem solve and anticipate and avoid issues
- Clear, concise and articulate communication skills - verbal, written and listening
- Interfaces with wide array of individuals, balances multiple tasks and maintains positive attitude and energy
- Strong team player, work ethic and commitment to win
Dover PSG will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in France. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen