The Project Manager is responsible for the end to end management of projects to contracted time, quality, and budget requirements. This will involve leadership of a distributed project team in multiple locations, and the proactive identification, management and resolution of risks and issues throughout the full project lifecycle.
This may involve the delivery of a single large scale project or multiple smaller projects. This is a client facing role and requires the ability to build strong relationships with customers, often at a senior level.
In line with our strong global growth, we commenced a major Finnish client project in January 2019. To support our growth and delivery in Finland, we're looking for a new Project Manager to join our local delivery team and to strengthen our Finnish presence and capabilities. A successful candidate likely has background in technology or management consulting and is experienced in leading large projects within financial services industry.
Role is based in Helsinki, Finland with a future opportunity and possibility to travel and lead projects abroad in any of our global hubs. Specific Role Responsibilities
- Deliver contractual scope to the FNZ business and client's satisfaction.
- Deliver the project to budget and achieve agreed revenue margin targets.
- Direct and manage project delivery through the full lifecycle; initiation, analysis & design, development (from an oversight perspective), test & defect resolution, implementation and warranty.
- On-time-on-budget accountability for SDLC phases Initiate, Design, Test, Deploy
- Ensure Solution Centre understand Build Scope through approved designs and specifications in accordance with the SDLC, supply a build and test plan to deliver an updated platform ready for SIT/System Testing .
- Engaging with the Lead BA, Build Manager and Test Manager to obtain time and effort estimates
- Effective planning, tracking and control of all project activities undertaken during the lifecycle including risk & issue identification and mitigation. Identify and proactively manage project and cross project dependencies alongside the critical path.
- Accurate and timely project status and project financial reporting for entire project team (Business Analysts, Test Team and incorporating updated Build status and project financial reports provided by the Build Manager.)
- Balance the requirements of the client, back-office and project team whilst remaining on track with reporting, cost control and planned delivery targets.
- Proactively manage changes to a defined and often challenging scope to minimise overall impact on the project
- Determine and assess, within the bounds of scope, time and budget directives, the need for additional or different resources throughout the project lifecycle including identification of skills gaps and any recruitment activities which may be required.
- Strong leadership of a project team(s) which are likely to be based across different global locations and time zones ensuring clear communication of project progress and expectations.
- Motivate, mentor and encourage project team members to utilise themselves to their full potential and take accountability for their assigned work.
- Manage 3rd party suppliers and outsourced agreements including internal agreements with the Solution Centre to ensure project targets are met within agreed timescales, budgets and quality criteria.
- Coordinate and provide essential project metrics to the PMO as directed.
- Ability to influence partner site stakeholders and to build strong client & supplier relationships
- Swift resolution of conflicts within the project team and/or related stakeholders both within and out with FNZ.
- Demonstrates best practice project management and seeks to continually improve and enhance project and company existing process(es).
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Financial Services preferably investment or pension experience.
- Dealing with 3rd party suppliers.
- Dealing with and setting up of off-shore sites.
- Dealing with resource consultants.
- Significant experience in leading the delivery of business critical projects, preferablySoftware implementations within Financial Services.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Self-starter, able to work independently.
- Good communication skills and capable of working with customers and internal staff.
- Experience of managing stakeholders to executive levels.
- Confident, and able to take initiative given client and delivery-focused environment
- Excellent organisational/ administration skills
- Experience managing virtual project teams based globally desirable.
- Fluent in English and Finnish preferably.
At FNZ, we recognise that diversity, inclusion, and accessibility are important factors for our success. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Recruitment decisions at FNZ are made in a non-discriminatory manner where all employees are valued and respected. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported thus, ensuring our recruitment process is fair and equitable for all applicants.
Please let us know if there is any support we can provide to ensure FNZ's recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at email@example.com to discuss specific requirements.