Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an agricultural commodity trading and manufacturing company looking to hire Head of Commodities Trading.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Managing the trade margins, hedging, buying and sales strategy of grains (such as corn, oats, barley, wheat, rice) and provide support in proprietary trading positions through outright trading, relative value trades and calendar spreads.
- Highlighting opportunities for development by maintaining international relations to stay up to date with global supply and demand to produce timely analysis of grain markets through daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
- Communicating complex market information through analysis of grain trading themes and data, monitoring currency fluctuations and Egypt’s supply and demand grids to deliver cost savings where possible.
- Provide performance feedback on grain team to ensure engagement and capability is maximized within the Grain Commodity Department
- Role reports to Commercial Director
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or Grain related industries. Additionally, a master’s degree in Business Administration and/or equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the relevant field of grain, with at least 2 years in a similar role.
- Experience and knowledge of Grain Commodities (such as corn, oats, barley, wheat, rice) and relationship management functions with a thorough understanding of grains market research methods and analysis.
- Proven experience in Risk Management and strategic planning with experience in brokering, sales trading, or banking. Budget reparation, business planning and refined financial management skills are also required.
- Language requirements include written and spoken English, additional languages such as Arabic are preferred.