iShares Fixed Income Sales Vice President- Nordics - Copenhagen
- Copenhagen, Hovedstaden, Denmark Copenhagen Hovedstaden DK
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Business Unit Overview:
iShares is the brand name for the world's largest range of exchange traded funds (ETFs), which is marketed and managed by BlackRock. iShares funds are available to institutional investors and private investors.
iShares funds combine the advantages of stocks with the benefits of index funds: iShares can be bought and sold like any other shares listed on a stock exchange and provide instant exposure to an entire index through a single security. They therefore combine the flexibility and tradability of a share with the diversification of a fund. iShares funds are a flexible mechanism for achieving cost-effective market exposure at the desired level and at the moment it’s required. The remarkable growth of iShares in recent years is a testament to the diverse uses of these funds in securing returns, managing risk and controlling costs.
The sales team is responsible for client acquisition and client service across all client segments in Italy. As of today over 250 iShares ETFs are registered for Sale in the Nordics region.
The successful candidate will be a member of both the Nordics European ETF and Index Investing Sales team as well as the Virtual Fixed Income team. He/she will be responsible for delivering against the Nordics business plan for the Fixed Income ETF business, contributing to the leadership and strategy of the Nordics business. He/She is also responsible for supporting existing client relationships as well as building out a book of new clients with the help of a successful Sales team in Copenhagen. The role is based in Copenhagen and reports to Matti Tammi.
- Development and execution of a clear strategy for the Nordic Fixed Income segment in line with the broader European ETF business including:
- Segment level understanding of customer opportunities including customer mix, buying behaviour/customer needs, product preferences
- Competitive environment including both ETF providers and broader competitive set of products (delta 1 product, basket trades)
- Development of targeted account plans
This also involves business planning, identifying new opportunities for ETF business development, resourcing the team appropriately and communicating the strategy to all stakeholders.
- Responsible for delivering against strategy, evaluating and altering the strategy in response to changing business conditions
- Contribution to the delivery of annual target of net new assets, generated from existing and new clients
- Contribution to the wider iShares business, particularly the product development pipeline, product management and marketing functions
- Strong collaboration and information sharing with other iShares and BlackRock sales teams globally and locally
- Management of day-to-day operational duties (manage and track sales lead flow, manage and maintain CRM database, report weekly activities and accomplishments, etc.)
- Responsibility to ensure that all regulatory and legal requirements and standards are met.
- BA/BS graduate in related field
- Proven experience in a sales, ideally gained within a Capital Markets environment
- Thorough knowledge of the client landscape - existing network with institutional fixed income PMs is a strong plus
- Proven experience at setting and implementing business strategy
- Confident and experienced public speaker with a high standard of presentation skills
- An ability to demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills with a proven track record of delivering at a strategic level
- A team-player, with the ability to operate effectively in a collegiate, demanding, high performance environment;
- Impeccable character with high ethical and quality standards, gravitas, diplomacy, and drive
- This role requires a true sales and service mentality and a flexible approach to suit market demands with strong judgement, consulting, negotiating and influencing skills
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal skills – the ability to articulate ideas and nuances and to inspire and motivate other members of the team
- The individual must be a self-starter with high energy, motivation and a commitment to excellence
- A rational and structured thinker with outstanding analytical abilities
- Fluency in one or more of the Nordic languages and English is required for the role
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.