Principal or Senior Associate, Novo Ventures
- Copenhagen, Hovedstaden, Denmark
- Permanent, Full time
- Novo Holdings
- 30 Aug 17
Novo Holdings is seeking an experienced investment professional at Principal or Senior Associate level to join the Novo Ventures team in Copenhagen, Denmark. Established in 1999, Novo Holdings A/S is one of the key players in the international life science investment industry. Our portfolio spans the entire range of life science development – from early-stage research to large and mature commercial players. Working closely with talented scientists, entrepreneurs and market leaders in the industry, we provide the capital and commercial expertise they need to bring innovative healthcare products and technologies to market.
Investing up to 400m USD annually, Novo Ventures is one of the most active venture capital investors in the life science industry. The Novo Ventures portfolio currently consists of more than 40 active companies in biotech and medtech in the US and Europe, ranging from early stages to mature late stage companies listed on public stock exchanges. Novo Ventures has investment teams based in Copenhagen, San Francisco, and Boston.
As part of the Novo Ventures investment team, the Principal/Senior Associate will contribute to building and developing the venture portfolio. The responsibilities include:
- Deal flow: contribute to an efficient review process for new investment opportunities, sourcing of new investment opportunities through own network and active scouting
- Investment diligence: independent analysis of new deals, working with colleagues and external experts on due diligence, including detailed scientific, clinical, regulatory and commercial assessment to develop investment recommendations
- Transactions: supporting all investment transaction processes, including new and follow-on investments, licensing deals and M&A.
- Portfolio: work with the team to support existing portfolio companies with strategic and commercial analysis as needed
The job provides excellent opportunities for career progression.
You will enjoy the opportunity to be part of a dedicated, international and dynamic team with diverse backgrounds, working closely with the whole Novo Ventures team. You will be based in the main Novo Holdings office in Copenhagen, Denmark, and work alongside other investment teams in Novo Holdings.
We’re looking for a candidate with:
- 2-8 years’ experience from a life science venture capital investment role (applicants with no VC experience will not be considered)
- A scientific background, with an MD or PhD in biomedical sciences and first-class academic credentials
- Additional experience in analysing and executing financial transactions and investments in the life sciences industry from roles outside venture capital, such as business development or strategy consulting, will be a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills in English (written as well as oral)
- Experience in venture capital is a requirement.
We’re looking for a candidate that is:
- Highly self-motivated, proactive and a strong team player
- Open and honest with strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative mind-set
- Analytical, with the right combination of attention to detail and seeing the big picture
- Passionate about linking science with business, intellectually curious and driven to succeed
- Able to achieve as part of an international, highly collaborative, and consensus-driven team
The role is based in Copenhagen, and the successful candidate is expected to live on a permanent basis and work full time in Copenhagen (i.e. commuting from another location on a weekly basis is not an option) and can obtain permanent work and residence permit in Denmark.
International experience is a significant advantage, and Danish language is not a prerequisite.
Working at Novo Holdings
Novo Ventures offers a unique opportunity to work at the frontier of life sciences, with one of the leading global life science venture funds.
In addition, you will be working in a dynamic and ambitious organisation where:
- Clear values and ideals define the framework for sustainable business practices
- Attractive career paths provide great opportunities for you to build your professional profile in the life science investment community, and
- Talented colleagues and stimulating projects offer an inspiring and international work environment.
The deadline for applying is Monday 25 September 2017.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and transcripts by clicking on the “Apply” button.