Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international energy trading house looking to hire a Prop Trader (Power) to join the team in Prague.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Develop and execute proprietary trading strategies for power and related products such as EUA’s, spark-spreads, natural gas and coal
- Focus predominantly on the UK power market as well as potentially targeting the Irish and Nordic areas, which can include directional trading/spread-betting/cross-border trading
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with relevant participants and develop a profitable power trading portfolio
- Provide advice on hedging integration of UK generation assets into the current company business structure
- Conduct detailed market research analysis to generate consistently positive P&L figures
Key Qualifications / Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a related power and/or prop trading role with experience trading within the wholesale energy market
- Proven track record of delivering profitable results in the energy / power trading market
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Creative thinker with ability to work independently and cohesively with other departments
- Located in Prague or willing to relocate