Java Developer for leading Global Investment Bank
- Market rate
- Prague, Praha, Czech Republic
- Permanent, Full time
- MW Recruitment
- 21 Apr 19
Leading global investment bank is seeking an experienced Java Developer who would like to work on a global trading platform and be part of a truly global project and be exposed to cutting edge technologies. We are open to people from any industry.
Would you like to utilize your expertize and/or deepen your knowledge and hands-on experience on implementing Cloud (AWS) on big server systems? …developing different behavior in different parts of the world depending on local needs? …ensuring critical operations on one side and tuning performance of high frequency events on the other side? Would you like to work on how heavy reports are generated and live downstream feeds are published? Would you like to contribute to how we control deliveries of new versions in distributed agile development environment with minimum/no issues in production? Last but not least, would you like to learn more about the world of finance?
- Design and Develop new server features in CATS trading application
- Optimize application performance by profiling, finding inefficiencies and bottlenecks
- Co-ordinate with global development team, work with QA to deliver global releases
- Work with traders, operations, and support to analyze new requirements, explain new features and investigate reported issues
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
The role requires interaction with various areas of the business, including but not limited to traders, support, trading assistants, finance as well as developers from teams covering other IT systems and business processes.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
The successful candidate will work with colleagues in the global team and other stakeholders to collect requirements, solve and diagnose issues. They will need to communicate thoughts, designs, and implementations in both written and verbal form to both highly technical and less technical colleagues and be ultimately responsible that changes delivered meet expectations.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Core Java
- Spring framework
- Strong skills in object oriented design and development.
- Understanding of relational databases (Oracle a plus)
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Cloud (AWS)
- Knowledge of the Fixed Income products and trade processing knowledge, the financial markets and trading a plus
- Multi-threading knowledge a plus
- C# is a plus
- Understanding of messaging/middleware technologies (Solace, MQ) a plus