Job Description Moody's Analytics is seeking an Economist for our Prague office to work on timely economic research and client engagements at the intersection of finance and macroeconomics. The successful applicant will work with an international team of macroeconomists and financial economists in a high intensity, collaborative environment.
The Content, Economic and Structured Analytics team, a division of Moody's Analytics, is a leading independent provider of economic, financial, country, and industry research designed to meet the diverse planning and information needs of businesses, governments, financial institutions, and professional investors worldwide.
Our research has many dimensions: country analysis; financial markets; industrial markets; and regional markets. Moody's Economy.com information and services are used in a variety of ways, including strategic planning; product and sales forecasting; risk and sensitivity management; and as investment research.
- Econometric modelling of financial and macroeconomic time series;
- Participating in country and regional forecast production (including preparation of monthly baseline and alternative scenarios);
- Coding models and working with large scale datasets;
- Producing documentation, including model specification, estimation and validation;
- Preparing qualitative economic analysis, delivered through effective written and oral communication; and
- Client satisfaction, including speed and quality of responses to our clients.
- Ph.D. in Economics, Finance, Statistics or Mathematics (or related subjects);
- Masters in Economics, Finance, Statistics or Mathematics (or related subjects); and at least 3 years of relevant experience.
Progress on a finance certification administered by a professional body will be highly regarded.
Traits of the ideal candidate include:
- Experience in quantitative modelling and working with large data sets.
- Knowledge of finance theory and financial econometrics.
- Familiarity with modern macroeconomic theory and time series econometrics.
- Strong programming skills. Familiarity with programming in EViews, R, or Python is preferred.
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely.
- Excellent written, presenting, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Client focused.
- Team player.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work pro-actively and multi-task.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work using own initiative and without close supervision.
- Well-developed professional skills including familiarity using Email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.