- Prague, Praha, Czech Republic
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Economist Writer
Location: Prague, Praha, Czech RepublicMoody's Analytics Economics Division is a growing organization with an extensive global client list. We are a leading independent provider of economic, financial, country, and industry research designed to meet the diverse planning and information needs of businesses, governments, and professional investors worldwide.
The Economics Writer will prepare concise written, economic analysis of metropolitan areas in the United States for the company's flagship publication.
- Write 600 word economic reports, providing economic analysis of metropolitan areas in the United states
- Provide data analysis using software tools
- Learn and use database management software to access and transform data. Adapt existing programs for new uses.
The Economic and Consumer Credit Analysis team, a division of Moody's Analytics, is a leading independent provider of economic, financial, country, and industry research designed to meet the diverse planning and information needs of businesses, governments, and professional investors worldwide.
Our research has many dimensions: country analysis; financial markets; industrial markets; and regional markets. Moody's Economy.com information and services are used in a variety of ways, including strategic planning; product and sales forecasting; risk and sensitivity management; and as investment research.
- ?Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Journalism or English.
- Coursework in Economics would be a plus.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English required.
- Though training will be provided, any previous experience in in business report writing or journalism/copy editing would be preferred.
- The position requires a motivated, responsible person who can work well with others and independently of daily supervision and produce near copy-ready quality reports.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.