- You would be responsible for in-depth research and forecasting for state and metropolitan economies and international economies;
- producing written analysis for our regional and international publications; and responding to client requests and inquiries.
- The work requires general spreadsheet analysis, in depth computer programming for data transformation and estimation, collecting and interpreting data for clients, working with the senior staff on larger research and consulting projects, and contributing to our live commentary website.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Economics relevant experience preferred in economic forecasting and consulting.
- Excellent academic record, writing skills, and a strong proficiency in the use of computers and statistical/econometric software.
- The position requires a motivated, responsible person who can work well with others and independently of daily supervision and produce near copy-ready quality reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must as Associate Economists will work directly with clients to produce scheduled customized products as well as to share their insights on the areas they will cover.
- Quantitative analysis and creative thinking will contribute to the success of a candidate.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.