Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a ship management company who are looking for someone with a background in marine, safety and quality to join their team in Cyprus.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Inspection and internal auditing (MLC, ISPS and ISM) onboard ship to identify areas that need improving and implement all necessary action ensuring compliance with industry standards (MARPOL, SOLAS, ISGOTT, OCIMF etc.) and working in an environmentally conscious and safe manner
- Investigate Incidents/Accidents on board and analyse the relevant reports along with other such as inspection reports (PSC, CDI and SIRE), safety reports and internal audits.
- Be responsible for the management of marine safety and quality (incl. environmental protection and security systems) both within the company and onboard any vessels managed whilst monitoring any changes to relevant regulations to regulations or regulatory bodies (E.g. SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, MLC, ISPS, Class, Flag State, Oil Major)
- Contribute to the ongoing development and implementation of SMS and QMS systems, ensuring all onboard operations conform to company policy and the company’s SMS alongside any other quality or safety systems and that any marine, safety or quality activities are constantly in full compliance with company and industry guidelines
- Role reports into DPA and CSO
Key Qualifications / Experience
- 3+ years of relevant work in a similar role
- Must hold master certificate or at the very least Chief Officer position with minimum of 3 years’ experience aboard ship
- Must have experience creating and implementing cost-effective, consistent shoreside and vessel SMS processes
- Excellent communication skills (English and Greek, written and spoken essential) and strong organisational and computer skills
- The role will be based in Limassol, Cyprus