International company B2Broker (Business to Broker) is a fintech developer and liquidity provider for brokerage companies, banks and investment funds. Having occupied its niche in the market since 2014, the company is a leader in its field, and therefore it is constantly growing and developing. Nowadays the company’s offices are situated in Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Limassol, Hong Kong, Minsk, London, Dubai and Kiev.
A role is now available for a Head of Trading Platform Development. The successful candidate will lead a team of multi-disciplinary technical specialists who focus on support and improvement of our core trading platform and will assume responsibility for the technical delivery of the platform. This will be a hands-on role and will require someone with technical ability as well proven Financial Services experience in a similar role. This role will be instrumental in defining the technical strategy for our trading platforms and will be heavily involved in ensuring that the platform continues to support the ambitions of the company and to exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Closely work with Business leaders to understand the business imperatives, business functions, application and technology landscape. Map out the architecture roadmap, technology capabilities and implementation plan
- Provide technical vision, strategy, and execute the long-term architectural direction, with emphasis on platforms / product reusable components. Perform analysis and make recommendations to senior leadership regarding product architecture and standards for adoption
- Develop a deep knowledge of our business & collaborate with stakeholders in collating business and functional requirements and translate requirements into technical specifications and architectures that are robust, scalable and supportable
- Responsible for end-to-end architecture including the detailed designs of various systems and applications. Lead the preparation of detailed design specifications to form the basis for development & modification of applications. Define integration patterns
- Mapping interdependencies of business requirements to solution building blocks using architectural best practices and leaving behind standards and robust processes.
- Create a roadmap to modern application as such modular and loosely coupled design deployable on a cloud native architecture
- Develop and document application of design principles, service catalogues, patterns that can be adopted as the enterprise and solution architecture standards. Promote standards, re-usable patterns, codes, API. Drive architecture and design consistency across the Company
- Lead a team of engineers and product designers through the product development lifecycle end-to-end
- Technical relationship management for 3rd party components in trading platform
- Management and mentoring of Trading platforms department which is responsible for the support of the trading platform
- Review and manage associated business and IT risks
- Performance tracking, KPI management and analysis in collaboration with business teams
Skills and competencies required
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant degrees.
- 7+ years’ experience working in a Financial Services role with responsibility for supporting and/or development of a trading platform. This would be expected to include:
- Experience working with dealers, equity, forex, crypto traders
- Experience with messaging technologies and protocols including FIX
- Knowledge of high capacity/low latency infrastructure
- Knowledge of Foreign Exchanges, DMA, Equity trading, Funds and ETFs
- Knowledge of liquidity hubs, including oneZero, PrimeXM etc
- Excellent knowledge of Metatrader 4 and 5
- Broad technical experience and a deep interest in current and new technologies, cloud hosting, code development and delivery practices
- Experienced at managing Major Incidents and Problems at senior levels
- Experience of acting within mature ITIL and agile processes. A proven ability to implement and/or improve existing processes
- Experience with application optimisation through stress and performance testing
- Technical or related IT certification
- Experience of project management or suitable qualification
- Experience with creating formal process and service reporting documentation
- A good understanding of appropriate regulation in relation to a trading platform e.g. MiFID, CASS
- Excellent knowledge of C#, Go, or Relational Database
- Experience at SQL, database design
- Experience with planning and creating unit tests, integration tests, etc.
- Experience with RabbitMQ, Redis, Postgres, Docker, NodeJS, TypeScript
- Bonus: Cloud, DevOps, containerization, market knowledge
- Knowledge of other Trading Platform