Financial Data Associate
Job Description As a Financial Data Associate, you will provide and coordinate a comprehensive business administration service to management and rating analysts within the designated Line of Business (LOB). The successful candidate will be responsible for all administrative work related to a subset of deals which includes:
• Support new deal set-up, data capture (e.g., amendments), lifecycle data maintenance, data quality assurance and tracking support to the rating analysts within the designated Line of Business (LOB)
• Performs administrative tasks including but not limited: to data updates, prepares rating action, bulk rating actions, publishing ratings, research and press release templates and disclosures consistent with regulatory requirements, internal policies and guidelines for designated LOB support
• Monitors designated mailboxes to ensure timely and effective handling of internal and external client requests. Organizes work to meet deadlines and time sensitive requests/projects.
• Facilitates resolution to technical issues and/or more complex external inquiries with supervision by Senior Financial Data Associate/Specialist/Team Leader
• Builds positive relationships with clients to ensure customer satisfaction
• Demonstrates the ability to deal professionally with clients. Delivers high level of service across high volume of transactions.
• Promptly and efficiently escalates conflicts/problems/database/data inconsistency
• Able to identify and research issues and/or discrepancies with data and/or requests for follow up with the analyst.
• Resolves basic client inquiries (both internal and external clients)
• Demonstrates increasing awareness of procedures, guidelines and regulatory requirements as it pertains to their job function by asking relevant questions.
• Liaison with Rating Teams and other Moody's departments (Commercial, Information Technology, etc.) as required
• Provide back-up coverage for designated associate in the event of absence and holidays to ensure seamless service to GMO clients
• Willing to accept new challenges
• Demonstrates flexibility with last minute changes in commitments and deadlines
• Contributes positively to the team even under pressure or when performing routine and/or administrative tasks.
• Places interest of the team above individual self-interest
• Continue to develop broad based knowledge of financial
instruments, terminology, and related business practices
• Entry level position. Some relevant work experience and/or
relevant internship experience preferred.
• Undergraduate/first-level degree (E.g. Bachelor's degree)
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete repetitive
process with no error
• Clear written and verbal communication skills with an ability
to communicate complex business concepts to a senior
• Highly organized and efficient
• Competency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and
• A strong client focused orientation with the drive and
enthusiasm required to achieve results and assume customer
• Strong interpersonal skills
• This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in
your duties, it is not exhaustive and we would be pleased to
discuss any constructive comments you may have. Because of
the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this
job description may be subject to change. You may, on
occasion, be required to undertake additional or other duties
within the context of this job description, and according to the
needs of the business.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.