Financial Data Analyst
Job Description A Financial Data Analyst (FDA) is a vital member of the ODC/GMO division leading the data validation function. Work with an ambitious and diverse team of FDAs who support various lines of businesses including Banking, Insurance, and Global Managed Investments.
The FDA in the Data Validation Group will be a part of a growing organization with a global presence, supporting regional lines of businesses. The FDA contributes directly to the research and the ratings process by fact checking and validating all underlying and supplementary material.
- Validate and fact check pre-publication materials and documentation of the research and the ratings process.
- Ensure timeliness and quality of data validated; including the ongoing monitoring of the quality of data validated by outsourced resources
- Understand financial data and be able to analyse issues and challenges in order to develop and implement solutions.
- Work with outsourcers on a regular basis
- Interact with analysts from lines of businesses with regards to financial data issues of their publications
- Understand and manage client expectations.
Qualifications Qualifications Minimum qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
- High attention to detail with excellent analytical skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Proficient in MS Office Suite especially Excel (VBA is a plus, but not necessary)
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal and communication (verbal/written) skills
- Must be a self-starter willing to work independently and proactively
- Knowledge or prior experience in reading and analysing financial statements
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics highly preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience preferred (can include internship experience)
- An understanding of Economic concepts would be desirable
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.