Job Description The Role / Responsibilities:
The Data Scientist will partner with Finance leadership on the development and implementation of data science strategy, machine learning applications, and other data science solutions.
The role is a critical enabler of Moody's finance mission to provide data-driven financial insight to support execution of superior, real-time operating and strategic decisions. The role ensures that Moody's investments in transformative digital and analytic technologies are deployed strategically for maximum impact and value.
A key role responsibility is to work closely with the Finance team to develop data science use cases, and create "best-in-class" predictive models/data science solutions that answer impactful business questions by leveraging data and cutting-edge machine learning technology. This also requires collaboration with colleagues in IT providing data security, data modelling, data architecture and application support.
The role necessitates a high degree of flexibility, balancing stakeholder demands for near term 'proof of concept' execution with long-term, sustainable quality content aligned to the maturity of supporting IT investments. The candidate must provide frequent and consistent communication to finance and business stakeholders, keeping them informed on the progress of data science initiatives and adjusting strategy based on demands. This involves a willingness to consult with finance and business stakeholders to understand their objectives and collect requirements to develop suitable data science solutions.
More broadly, this role is expected to have a positive impact of the Finance Transformation, Data & Systems team across finance, working hand in hand with Business Intelligence & Analytics partners , business advisors and project managers to demonstrate the worth of Moody's investments in transformative technologies.
- Bachelor degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, data science or related quantitative field; Master/Phd degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience performing descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive tasks that transform data insights into business impacts
- Must have prior proven experience in building predictive analytics solutions leveraging statistical and machine learning techniques
- Strong proficiency with data science tools (e.g. Python), platforms (e.g. Jupyter notebook), algorithms (e.g. GBM, Random Forest, Regression, SVM, Neural Network, NLP)
- Proficiency in the use of statistical packages (e.g. Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib, Scikit-Learn)
- Preferred experience in developing end-to-end machine learning applications in AWS including
data ingestion, processing, model development, model deployment, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, communication and organizational skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.