Job Description Provide credit analysis in the form of discrete pieces of analytical work. The Associate role provides an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of the Ratings & Research Support (RRS) and Ratings & Research (R&R) teams, by providing a range of analytical support services that contributes to the overall credit analysis function performed by these teams.
This role will focus primarily on supporting one Rating Group (RG) dedicated to rating banks or corporates, and there is potential for cross-training in supporting varying asset classes and methodologies, in other RGs, as part of career progression.
The Associate position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry.
• Perform preliminary credit analysis to support ratings, research, analytical outreach and presentations, following guidance provided by RRS Team Manager. Examples of analytical work include:
- Preparing financial spreadsheets and charts, analyzing data and financial statements, building and updating financial models and forecasts, and writing analytical commentary in accordance with Moody's methodologies.
- Identifying trends in data and using analytical ability, applying judgment to form well thought out credit conclusions.
• Develop working knowledge of Moody's methodologies in order to apply to credit analysis.
• Interpret and analyse financial data provided by Financial Data Associates (FDAs) group to perform the preliminary credit analysis.
• Demonstrate the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issue and issuer credit ratings under full supervision and guidance from the RRS Team Manager.
• Support credit monitoring/surveillance of issuers by e.g. preparing data for surveillance, periodically updating preliminary components of analysis, and initiating/escalating deeper credit reviews when necessary.
• Perform certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks as directed by RRS Team Manager.
• Work as a team with other Associates in RRS, under overall supervision of RRS Team Manager.
• Minimum undergraduate/ first level degree (e.g. Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent qualifications).
• Preferably some relevant experience.
• Solid Accounting background, with strong focus in financial analysis (e.g., through coursework, or relevant work experience).
• Basic knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Written and spoken fluency in English is required preferably in addition to Spanish and Portuguese (all three languages are preferable).
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.