About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Scope of Role
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and driven individual for the role of Tester in the Solutions Engineering team. This person will help to create, lead, and manage the testing strategy for products developed by the Solutions Engineering team providing development across Engineering and Technical Services. They will work with the Head of Solutions Engineering in delivering new and innovative approaches to testing the variety of products used in Technical Services. They will be mature individuals who are comfortable working in a development team embedded in an operations environment.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate Required
- Define testing strategy for Solution Engineering as part of Technical Services
- Improve existing technologies in use and supported by Engineering
- Propose, evaluate, and introduce new technologies
- Lead systems integration for new and existing components
- Strong communicator with experience in agile working environments
- Experienced developer who has created, lead, and developed content automated testing strategies in agile development teams
- Experienced automated testing developer that has extensive experience across open source and enterprise test orchestration systems.
- Strong technologist who keeps up to date with technology.
- Motivated to do hands-on development and peer reviews.
- Self-starter capable of identifying opportunities and delivering solutions on their own
- Working knowledge of BDD/TDD approaches
- Working knowledge of using gherkin/cucumber for defining acceptance criteria.
- Working knowledge of using Jenkins/Rundeck platform
- Strong knowledge of automated testing orchestration/harnesses (e.g. HP ALM/QC) utilizing products such as selenium or perfecto.
- Strong knowledge of performance testing harnesses utilizing products such as loadrunner or locust.io.
- Undergraduate level qualification with Bachelor in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Prior non-testing developer experience.
- Breadth of technical knowledge - operating systems, networking, distributed computing, cloud as well as development tools.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .