- Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Support SpecialistAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
To provide best in class support for all Front, Middle and BackOffice users of RAZOR (Murex 3.1) applications. To respond to faults and to requests for changes, including testing and delivery of bug fixes. Ensure all problems are resolved and Remedy tickets updated in a timely fashion and provide ongoing support, advice and guidance. To be used as a resource for related project and DR exercises.
To apply skills to minimize and proactively mitigate any issue that might arise. To apply knowledge to provide a stable production environment for the business to work in and as part of a global team, provide a 24 hours support function. The team will be engaged daily with front, middle and back office staff and senior trading stakeholders.
- Production support of Murex 3.1 front, middle and back office staff
- Monitoring Geneos ITRS and BMC Control M.
- Perform in depth technical BAU application support.
- Prioritize work to successfully deliver service in a diverse environment.
- Pre Production/Pre release testing.
- Manage incidents, problems, changes, of varying complexity.
- Put forward ideas to improve automation and/or efficiency, and own through to implementation.
- Drive CIO for bug fix resolution or application enhancements to improve PSS supportability of the platform.
- Adhere to Change Control and Fault Reporting Procedures.
- Participate in bank wide DR tests and work with wider PSS team on DR remediation efforts.
- Work closely with UNIX/Database/Network/Market Data Infrastructure teams to improve service offering.
- Manage open risks and audit points through to closure.
- Perform risk reviews of the environment and raise new risks where/when applicable.
- Perform proactive knowledge transfer and cross training with internal teams.
- Production application support or related experience
- Knowledge of scripting (shell, Perl, Python).
- Ability to resolve problems and incidents.
- Knowledge of Solaris or Red Hat Linux.
- Knowledge of SQL (Sybase or Oracle)
- Configuration and management of vendor or bespoke monitoring toolsets (Geneos/Patrol)
- Configuration and management of vendor batch management toolsets (Control-M)
- Knowledge of networking concepts & protocols in a trading environment.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and deliver.
- Self starter/motivator and ambitious.
- Willingness to work on shift pattern
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.