- Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Senior Developer, Collateral Technology
- Location: Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Developer, Collateral TechnologyAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- The Financial Markets Trade & Post trade development team is looking for strong, hands-on candidate to fill the role of Java Senior Developer. The team develops the solutions for message based integration for global Financial Markets application systems at Standard Chartered. Key current initiatives include trade processing systems front-to-back.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- The key responsibilities for the Senior Developer includes:
- Be part of an Agile team and contribute to the improvement of product
- Understand the user requirements and help write epics and user stories by example for product owner
- Track and maintain metrics such as code coverage, system performance and system security
- Contribute to design and implementation of application solutions
- Hands-on programming work for development projects
- Contribute to implementation and enforcement of best practices related to standards and control of software code, testing and release management in messaging development
- Release to production and provide second line support to production system support team.
- Analyse issues and fix them during production and testing.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Required experience, qualifications, and skills:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from a top tier university
- Experience in developing robust, distributed, scalable, high production quality applications
- Experience in Test driven development, micro services, messaging middleware, Kafka, Akka, Java 8, Elastic search, Mongo DB, Netflix OSS, Docker, monitoring tools such as ITRS, ELK etc.
- Strong hands-on ability on application development using Java
- Strong hands-on ability on relational database development, like Oracle, Postgres
- Be familiar with Continuous Integration methodology
- Good written and spoken English
- Good knowledge about financial markets and trade lifecycle is a big plus
- Financial Markets knowledge and work experience
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g., Amazon AWS, Google App Engine, Hadoop, Microsoft Azure)
- Interest in new IT technology for programming
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL, NoSQL structured data solutions, Data Warehousing and ETL tools, Network, and file system protocols
- Experience in Groovy, Perl, Python, Ruby or other scripting languages
- Experience with picking and applying good software practices like test driven development (TDD), continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Strong communication and client facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment and build relationships
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and can maximise their personal potential.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.