- Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Officer/Analyst (Cash Ops - Payment Processing)
- Location: Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Officer/Analyst (Cash Ops - Payment Processing)About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
· To assist the Manager in the daily operations to achieve service quality by meeting/ exceeding service standards and achieving zero defect for Cash Management Operations i.e. Pre-Processing, Processing (Payment and Clearing) and Static Data Unit (set up, maintenance, pricing and billing, CoE, LM).
· To discharge operational duties of the Cash Management Operations i.e. Pre-Processing, Processing (Payment and Clearing) and Static Data Unit (set up, maintenance, pricing and billing, CoE, LM) as instructed by the Manager of the Unit and ensure that the established service standards are met
· To perform specific duties as instructed by the team manager in accordance to the relevant procedures, guidelines, instructions and standards set in order to meet the productivity and service standards set.
· To support the development of the Cash Management Operations processing systems to meet local and business needs and more importantly in meeting the needs of the clients.
· To implement quality initiatives and activities of the division in accordance to the Group's Quality System.
· Assist the Manager in consistent delivery of high quality services to customers through meeting or exceeding customer expectation guided by the Service Level Agreement, efficiency / accuracy standards and good business processes / judgments.
· Primarily process within the TAT agreed with CPC in the SLA and also other functions as requested by the Team Manager
· Assist the Manager in managing the cost budget allocated to the team by ensuring optimum utilization of available resources, implementation of creative cost-reduction solutions and minimizing wastage.
· Assist in managing the operational risk of the team to avoid operational / reputational losses and ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company / Group.
· Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems in the team to measure the qualitative performance of the team / individuals, facilitate improvement initiatives and help cultivate a "Service Excellence" culture among the team members.
· Verify transactions processed by Officer and authorize those that fall within own-delegated release authority.
· Checking of and/or approving customer instruction against CMO system.
· Assist the team manager in overseeing the daily operations of the team and contribute towards meeting the team's objectives.
· Ensure that the set productivity targets (efficiency, accuracy, etc.) and processing turnaround standards are achieved (within own area of responsibility).
· Contribute to the development of Officer and Senior Officer by guiding, coaching, motivating, supporting and assisting selected number of Officer and Senior Officer.
· Be guided accordingly and aware of the roles and responsibilities for anti-money laundering prevention and sanctions related checking (i.e. Understanding the policy, reporting procedure and escalation procedure)
· Ensure due care and diligence is exercised on day to day operational matters relating to anti-money laundering and Sanctions related checking, by acquiring relevant knowledge and training and provide support to superiors and subordinates.
· Conforming and adhering to the Team's risk profile, by following the guidelines / policies / procedures stipulated for Operation Losses, Escalation Procedures, CMO Policies, and reconciliation of outstanding items, scanning, SCSTAR and end-of-day reports.
· Comply with exceptions for Callback, Signature Verification and Payment Processing in which respective role needs to be performed independently.
· Any ad-hoc roles changes will require Head of Department or Manager's approval before assuming new role temporarily or permanently in line with segregation of duties.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.