Java Web/GUI Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Scope of Role
We are looking for a Java Web/GUI engineer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Candidate should have strong front and back end experience and database skills. Responsibilities will include the translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. Our web applications access and display vast amounts of data and primary development focus are easy to use, high performance and intuitive interfaces.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Developing appealing and user-friendly web applications
- Writing web pages and providing website maintenance and enhancements
- Producing functional requirement documents and specifications and creating quality mock-up and prototypes on tight timelines
- Building CSS that are consistent across all browsers and platforms and maintaining graphic standards and branding throughout a product's interface
- Code the digital design team's projects for responsive web experiences, take Sketch files and hand-code them with the understanding of development restrictions throughout each section of the website, develop with W3C mark-up and Accessibility in mind, QA your own code, translate Sketch files to HTML/CSS with pixel perfection in mind, oversee routine updates to digital content.
- Communicating and co-ordinating with different technology silos
- The ideal candidate is a resourceful, collaborative team player with a proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Strong interpersonal and time management skills are required. She/he must be able to work collaboratively in a fast-pace environment and manage multiple projects per week.
- Ability to bring new ideas and present them in clear, thoughtful manner
- Evangelize the adoption of Agile development practices
- Building strong relationships with the business through delivery, communication and domain knowledge transfer.
- Phasing, building and delivering designed solutions to meet the expectations.
- Providing production support on existing systems and resolving operational issues while working with other support and development staff located across the globe.
- 5+ years of experience in ReactJS/NodeJS or other frontend framework such as VUE.
- Good knowledge of react infrastructure and integration layers.
- Experience using build tools, such as Webpack/Grunt/Gulp.
- Practical experience in working with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Global implementation experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication and client facing skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude, self-motivated.
- Good team-work spirit.
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .