- Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Fund Services Officer/Analyst
- Location: Tianjin, Tianjin Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Fund Services Officer/AnalystAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
To deliver service / reports to Country Stakeholders/clients in accordance with requirement and timeline as agreed in Services Level Memorandum and ensure reporting deadlines are met.
- To ensure accurate calculation and posting entries in relation to valuation including management fee, expenses, performance fee…etc in accordance with Service Level Memorandum, and as appropriate the Fund Offering Memorandum and related documents such as fund's SLM.
- To ensure accurate capturing of trades / prices / Corporate Actions/ FX rates data and relevant accounting entries for the purpose of providing accurate Net Asset Value calculation.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of full accounting and client records of several investment funds books including general ledgers, cash positions, distribution records, investment records and pricing records of investments and support in fund administration related matters, such as recording and processing transactions, obtaining and verification of relevant documentation thereof and ensuring that investments are correctly recorded and priced, and accounted for Purchase and sale of listed or unlisted securities, Corporate Actions, Forward FX deals, OTC deals (Swaps, Options etc) and relevant accounting entries for the purpose of providing accurate Net Asset Value calculation.
- Perform detailed review of the reports to CPC/clients including: Verification trades to relevant supporting, Ensure valuation of investments being checked to third party sources, Ensure appropriate accounting for complex investment, Ensure compliance with internal investment restrictions, external regulations and international accounting standards, if applicable. Identify issues and report to senior/supervisor with suggested solutions.
- Responsible for fundamental cash monitoring for the assigned clients, i.e. monitoring cash positions of clients and prepare cash projection reports.
- To be responsible for daily activities, cash & trade reconciliation.
- Preparing Portfolio Valuations, investment compliance reports or other reporting, as required.
- To calculate the Net Asset Value (on a daily, weekly, monthly or other basis as agreed) and deliver service / reports to CPC/clients in accordance with requirement and timeline as agreed in Services Level Memorandum.
- To ensure proper and accurate calculation and posting of management fee, expenses, performance fee…etc in accordance with Service Level Memorandum, and as appropriate the Fund Offering Memorandum.
- Recording and disbursing dividends either by payment or re-investment.
- Calculating and disbursing payments of fees to the investment manager/advisor, custodian, administrator and other service providers as required.
- To ensure fund administration services fees are settled by the client on timely manner.
- To liaise with internal customers/stakeholders and senior team members to ensure completion of complex or exceptions-based process actions
- To ensure clear and smooth communication with Fund Accounting Team, Transfer Agency Team, Fund Compliance Team, Custody Team and other operations team for timely updating / maintenance of client records
Our Ideal Candidate
- U niversity graduate with a degree in accounting, finance or related discipline
- Minimal 2 years' relevant work experience in fund valuation area
- Hold local "The securities qualification certificate" ( 证券从业资格证 ) and "Fund qualification certificate"( 基金从业资格考试 )
- Good attention to detail with high levels of accuracy and good self-study ability
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and able to handle variety of fast changing situations in terms of work pressure and clients' requirements
- Good communication and mindset in client servicing with problem solving skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.