Functional Test Lead
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Scope of Role
We are seeking talented and motivated individuals for the role of Functional Test Lead on a significant existing in house project. The successful candidate will be a good functional tester having good domain knowledge and automation experience in Financial Markets specific to derivatives of any asset class. Having knowledge in working of structured derivatives will be a major plus. The candidate should also be proficient in the knowledge of Investment Banking operations of FO, MO, BO, Sales, Commodities, or Regulatory functions. He / She will be an eager learner willing to learn new techniques and technologies and should be able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
You will perform software testing as a continuous and efficient end-to-end quality assurance function using quality processes, tools, and methodologies significantly improving control, accuracy and integrity of software solutions. You will also provide support to Project Manager and Business Analysts during acceptance testing, including test script walkthroughs, document testing issues and test results, and answering questions on system functionality.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Work in collaboration with Project Managers, Business Analysts and Testing Team to understand requirements and agree on acceptance criterion. Plan, design and develop test script, take ownership of end to end testing delivery
- Test Planning & Analysis, solid understanding of Manual and Automated testing concepts
- Analysis test deliverable and document test scenario, test cases and test data for execution
- Detect, document and report bugs and errors encountered
- Ensure software solution meets business requirements
- Facilitate high quality software deliveries by applying business and functional knowledge including testing standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Document Test Strategy (functional and non-functional strategy), Closure reports and participate in project retrospection meetings.
- Manage senior stakeholder expectations, articulate project challenges and progress. Coordinate and monitor testing progression and prepare reports and communicate results and progress with project stakeholders
- Good understanding of agile processes, participate in backlog grooming sessions and daily sprint meetings
- Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts, support user acceptance testing and sign offs.
- Create and maintain high quality documentation
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- Minimum twelve years of professional experience in testing domain, preferably in banking/insurance sector
- Experience managing testing deliverables & resources, design manual/automated test plans according to projects requirements
- Strong understanding of software quality best practices and processes. Experience with a broad range of testing practices
- Domain knowledge of front-office trading - pricing and execution platforms for Derivatives products - FX Options, Rates and Commodities
- Deep understanding of front-office trading functionality - trade lifecycle, trade booking models, trade pricing execution workflows, trade reporting and new product onboarding.
- Back-office and Middle-office experience will be a plus
- Extensive experience with test automation tools and frameworks - Cucumber for Java, Selenium
- Knowledge of REST and SOAP based web services standards, messaging models. Strong understanding of and experience with JSON, XML, HTTP. Experienced in API testing.
- Strong proficiency in collaboration tools like Atlassian Confluence, JIRA and Microsoft Office suite.
- Programming experience in Java, experience in other programming languages will be good to have
- Hands-on experience in automation scripting will be highly regarded
- Strong experience in SQL, Unix scripting, Git
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Good understanding of build automation tools - Maven 3, Gradle, experienced in setting up CICD pipelines in Jenkins
- Experience in Performance Testing tools
- Experience with various messaging middleware technologies - Apache ActiveMQ, Apache Kafka, IBM MQ, TIBCO EMS
- Good understanding of distributed computing, exposure to Spark and Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with log, metrics aggregation and analytics toolkits - ELK stack
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .