Country Talent Acquisition Specialist
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Team Introduction
Based on our new Talent Acquisition Model, we are moving the end to end of professional roles from the current location in-country to new Specialist Delivery and Operations (SD&O) Regional Hubs where the teams will become part of Global People Services.
These changes are part of our wider programmed of modernizing HR and changing the way our stakeholders work with us across the HR function. We want to be easy to work with and consistent in our delivery which in turn helps the Bank achieve their priorities.
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Sourcing Specialist) is a pivotal part of the team which deals broadly with recruitment process support from hiring plans and pre-screening to arranging interviews and offer letter creation. It is therefore a very important team in the overall process in that it touches candidates, recruiters and hiring managers alike. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Initiating contact with Hiring Managers to establish precise hiring needs
- Establishing a solid understanding of the specific hiring needs and of the function in which the vacancy sits In order to ensure the right talent is sourced
- Focusing wherever possible on the sourcing of internal talent first and foremost for open vacancies (challenging stakeholders if they are not selecting Internal applicants
- Responsible for selecting Pre-Screening Questions for the appropriate selection process, relevant to the role
- Liaising with recruitment agencies with regard to open vacancies, briefing on requirements of role and releasing the roles to them via Taleo, ensuring we are communicating a clear employer value proposition to candidates
- Working with HRVM/SCM teams to ensure that PSL list is effective and when utilised providing the right talent level
- Providing information to HM's and other key stakeholders as to agency charging
- Initial screening of incoming CV's
- Manage, record and conduct telephone interviews
- Creating shortlist on system for Hiring Manager
- Rejecting candidates and closing requisitions. Rejection may be spoken or written and will be based upon feedback from hiring manager. Providing robust and legally acceptable feedback to candidates
- Create offer letters
- Compliance to Service Level Agreements, as specified locally
- Supporting ad-hoc projects, as required by the business
- Experience gained in a complex, hiring environment
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Networking & relationship building
- Need to have a good understanding of in country employment and recruiting laws and compliance of these
- 5+ Years of Recruiter experience
- Volume and Strategical Hiring
- Proficient in English and Mandarin