Data Operations Specialist (Financial Statements, China Platform)
Job Description We are looking to hire a new team of Data Operations Specialists.
The Data Operations Specialist
role is a key member of the team responsible for collecting relevant financial statement data for a growing volume of Chinese corporate entities. The role provides a great opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry and will require:
Responsibilities: Business Process
- Knowledge of corporate accounting principles or a general accounting background;
- Knowledge or prior experience of reviewing/analysing company financial statements;
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage priorities;
- Attention to detail;
- This role has the potential to advance towards Team Lead and SME roles.
- A key part of a team responsible for the capture, extraction and presentation of financial statement data;
- The Data Operations Associate will be primarily responsible for the input of financial statements and other descriptive information into the prescribed model/platform for the identified universe of entities. This will include Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow data, as well as data elements extracted from notes to the accounts, taken from the annual/interim financial statements of public and private entities;
- Suggest and help implement improvements to process and contribute to new projects including technology, accounting changes and methodology updates;
- Work will include manual spreading which is expected to be automated over time, requiring a highly detailed competency.
- Standard Business hours for the location
- BA or BSc (Accounting, Finance or Economics specializations preferred);
- Previous relevant work experience preferred (can include internship);
- Prior experience of spreading financial statement data is a plus;
- Attention to detail, methodical approach;
- Good knowledge of MS office;
- English language skills would be advantageous;
- Good Team player with good communication skills;
- Dependable and organized individual with a strong work ethic;
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.