- Shenzhen, Guangdong Sheng, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Business Operational Risk Manager
- Location: Shenzhen, Guangdong Sheng, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Business Operational Risk ManagerAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Scope of Role:
Business Heads are the owners of all risks in the first line of defense. Accordingly on operational risk management, the business heads, with the support from UORMs conducting quality assurance, monitoring, sample testing, escalating and other control activities, are responsible to conduct business in a balanced approach on risk control and business growth. The purpose of BORM is to assist business heads and Operational Risk Control Owners (RCOs) to effectively manage operational risk within the first line of defense . The BORM must ensure that business implements and maintains operational risk controls in accordance with Risk Management Framework, Group Operational Risk Policies and Procedures. The BORM places particular emphasis on:
- Assist business line managers to ensure operational risk/return and control cost/benefit decisions prior to product launch and during business life cycles are made transparently and based on assessment in accordance with the Group's standards and its Risk Appetite
- Assist business line managers to implement effective risk management process of risk identification, assessment and measurement, acceptance and monitoring to reduce gross operational risk exposure to acceptable levels within the risk appetite
- Assist business line managers and 2 nd line operational risk team to influence the development of an operational risk culture which is forward looking, risk based and customer focus line operational risk team in a timely manner.
- Identify, assess, monitor, escalate and report operational risks from respective business scope to both business line managers and 2 nd line operational risk team in a timely manner.
- Quality Assurance: to make sure the quality assurance of operational risk controls in all units across all processes in the corresponding business area.
- Competency and Effectiveness: to be fully competent in control measure skills and methodology in conducting sample testing, quality checking, and monitoring; to be effective in identifying control process gaps, timely escalation of identified issues or risks, and effective actions to mitigate within the accepted timeframe.
- Ensure 1st Line risk ownership: to assist business heads or managers truly own all risks in their business areas.
- Independence toward control management: to conduct independent and effective sample testing, monitoring, and investigation on frontline sales force and all related processes with control measures in order to provide feedback to the business head and control functions in timely manner.
- Monitoring and escalation: To be responsible for monitoring all processes in the corresponding area and escalate any issues and risks to the corresponding control function area and business heads.
- Accountable for implementing and complying with AML requirements when performing duties .
- Full understanding on Bank's RMF, ORMF and skills in managing operational risk;
- Experience in operational risk management or engineering processes;
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation, leveraging resources across the organisation to complete deliverables;
- Sound judgement and courage to perform a risk and control role and maintain effective working relationship in the first line of defence;
- Possess in-depth knowledge and problem solving skills to function well as a UORM;
- Fully competent in sample testing methodology, conducting quality check and assuring operational risk being properly managed in the first line;
- Bachelor degree or above
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.